The PBI Construction Business Developer will focus on business development with new clients as well as account management with existing clients within the assigned territory. PBI provides restoration, renovation and construction services to commercial clients. Our company was founded in 1988 and has a dedicated team of employees serve as trusted advisors for commercial construction services. The PBI brand stands for “challenges resolved, guaranteed”.
- Attain annual and quarterly new and existing sales goals set each year
- Develop the territory for new commercial construction clients and work with existing clients to identify opportunities for new services and related projects
- Build relationships with key decision makers and gain a deep understanding of their business and buyeeeds
- Schedule and attend new prospective client appointments to uncover their needs, budget and decision process and present solutions and unique value proposition
- Grow and nurture existing client relationships, including periodic meetings with buyers and project managers
- Collaborate with Estimators and Project Managers on technical support, estimates, proposals and bids the fit the project scope and meet client needs while maintaining targeted profitability
- Attend initial company orientation and field training sessions to develop knowledge base regarding construction, restoration and maintenance divisions in order to promote and create the right bundle of services for each client
- Attend review meeting with Sales Leader to report on KPIs, sales pipeline and revenue forecasts. Collaborate and prepare for key client meetings.
- Partner with Marketing on developing selling materials, email campaigns and generating new leads
- Build key partner and prospect network via Linkedin and direct communications
- Make prospect discovery calls each week with qualified targets/leads to identify new business opportunities
- Develop a pipeline of business equivalent to 2-3 times annual quota through pursuit of targets, leads, networking, referrals and self-generated opportunities.
- Follow all the steps in the Sales Process and timely enter all existing and new account activity into Zoho CRM. Maintain all client data, sales activity, calls, client notes, client tasks and monthly new revenue forecasts in Zoho. Perform Zoho analysis on Lead sources and conversion rates.
- Respond timely to client inquiries and issues
- Tell the company’s story to prospects to increase conversion of qualified leads
- Design and deliver high impact presentations that show our unique differentiators.
- Represent the company at local events and meetings.
- Gather and share competitive data and understand changes in the targeted market including demand for services by market vertical.
- Travel to make client presentations as required
- Support the Vision and Mission of the company and represent the company with integrity.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Commercial construction or related experience required
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of sales experience rired
- Demonstrated record of quota attainment.
- Successful B2B sales background.
- Ability to travel within territory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent persuasion and sales abilities
- Excellent telephone and video conference skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled in active listening and discovery of client needs
- Empathetic with ability to gain a deep understanding of targeted buyers
- Relational, relentless, creative, teachable, goal oriented
- Must possess technical savvy, be proficient with using a CRM (Zoho preferred), be able to quickly learn and use internal computer software.
- Desire to work in an environment that rewards results and loyalty and maintains high ethical standards.
- Self-starter able to successfully operate with limited management supervision.
- Process oriented including a demonstrated track record of following a sales process
- Outgoing personality who can develop warm leads and network of referral partners to facilitate growth.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to develop and close accounts.
- The ability to clearly articulate business value that clients will derive from utilizing a professional service organization
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, analytical and consulting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- A competitive compensation package including a base salary and commission plan.
- A comprehensive benefits’ package.
- An opportunity to learn and grow and be part of a talented, experienced and dynamic team
- Supportive work environment which offers and rewards loyalty.
- An outstanding reputation within our industry.
Why Work Here?PBI provides commercial construction services with a restoration division for clients in the assisted living, medical, hospitality, government, education, office and multifamily markets. Our core business is interior renovations, additions, new construction, construction defects, design/build, construction management and capital improvements from one to five million dollars in the Mid-Atlantic region. After 30 years, PBI has a reputation for being problem solvers and tackling the most difficult of projects. The right individual for this position will be accustomed to a culture based on delivering service and quality in an ethical and timely manner.
Great organization ready to go to the next level of success. Great benefits with room for growth and abundant in opportunities..