Veterinary Technician - Certified or currently in school
SERVE THE PATIENT. EDUCATE THE CAREGIVER.
These words can be heard around our clinic and guide every policy and procedure at PAW Health Network.
Combining the drive to improve our patients' quality of life; to improve balance in the life of our staff; to maintain non-corporatized local influence; to emphasize education of all members within the care team, and you have PAW Health Network's industry-changing practice model.
At PAW Health Network your skills will be utilized to the fullest while having a team around you to support you as you grow. Our mentorship program gives you continuous feedback as you develop those skills.Compensation:
$15 - $17 hourlyResponsibilities:
- Perform initial evaluations of patient’s condition, dress wounds, check vital signs, collect samples, perform advanced lab work, may assist in procedures, and administer medication.
- Follow the directive of expediting technician to fulfill non-linear triage for the most efficient case completion.
- Read interpret and assist in the implementation of written medical treatments.
- Read and maintain electronic medical records to track their care and health conditions.
- Effectively execute duties and manage personnel within the clinic laboratory.
- Obtain and process laboratory samples such as feces, blood, urine, tissue, and free fluid by means of free catch, venipuncture, cystocentesis, fine needles aspirates, and skin scrapes.
- Patient preparation and monitor surgical procedures and dental prophylaxis.
- Complete Technician appointments
- Perform CPR and Euthanasia processes.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current unrestricted license/certification in veterinary technology within the State of Wisconsin.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Veterinary Technology is encouraged however, not necessary.
- All levels of experience in the veterinary field will be considered.
- Willing to train the right individual.
- Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers, practice management software, and standard work/spreadsheet software. Must be able to utilize or learn scheduling modules/software.
PAW Health Network is a 24-Hour Animal Care Center that provides an array of services offered to the community. These services include the following: walk-ins, routine care, emergency care, urgent care, massage therapy, dog blood donation program and our service dog registry program. We have numerous relationships and contracts with local organizations that we are extremely active in. PAW believes utilizing Certified Veterinary Technicians are the future of veterinary medicine and as we become more involved in providing care to the community our need for more Certified Veterinary Technicians continues to grow. The culture at PAW Health Network is loyal, laid back, enjoyable and supportive to one another. If you are looking to begin or continue your career in an environment where you are valued, encouraged to be successful and thrive while leading the industry with your care team, then please apply.
PAW Health-24 Hour Animal Care Center