Training Specialist (JR 2968)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $31 Hourly
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Salary: $28.44 to $31.25/hr DOE
PATH is seeking detailed candidates with experience in training to join our QAC Department as a Training Specialist. Experience in non-profits or social services a plus!
ABOUT OUR QAC DEPARTMENT
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts, collaborating with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS A TRAINING SPECIALIST
The Training Specialist supports the agency wide training program and culture of continuous learning across the agency and provides ongoing assistance to training initiatives. Position Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with leadership to maintain the annual training plan that addresses the agency's values and priorities.
- Assist with the plan, schedule, and tracking of participation in all programmatic and agency required trainings.
- Monitor, report and produce records for staff training and certification compliance. Ensure training and testing of staff members are documented according to agency practice and contractual/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of the PATH "train the trainer program." Assist staff members who have been selected as a trainer with instructional design, presentation skills, subject matter expertise.
- Develop and deliver social service and homelessness related trainings for classroom & virtual settings which will include lecture, discussion, visual aids, and participatory group activities. Travel to training sites throughout the state as assigned and scheduled.
- Utilize the agency's learning and performance management (L/PMS) system. Work with staff and leaders to determine content needs and deliver end-user training.
- Design and develop training materials using various learning theories that includes facilitator and participant guides, tutorials, demonstration models, study and reference materials, and on-the-job training systems.
WHAT YOU BRING
We're looking for candidates that:
- Experience utilizing a learning and performance management system as an administrator
- Experience designing and developing training materials
- Strong project management, time management skills and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to set clear goals, use action plans, and prioritize.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, evaluation, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in related (Social Work, Psychology, Human Resources, Organizational or Training Development, etc.)
- Five (5) years of related job function or industry experience in the fields of homeless services, mental health, and/or training and education.
- Certified Trainer under specific social, behavioral and homeless service topics (See list of experience trainings)
Regardless of qualifications, candidates must:
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Driving is an essential function of this position. To meet the employment requirements for this role, all candidates must:
- Have reliable transportation
- A valid driver's license
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties
- The ability to qualify for PATH's insurance coverage
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
PATH is a California employer. Therefore, all regular and customary work must be performed within the state. Approval for work outside of the office, does not establish approval for work to be conducted outside of California.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this position sounds like a fit, please submit your application today. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PATH will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PATH is dedicated to racial and social justice by centering equity in our service delivery and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for the communities we serve. We seek awareness and insight from witnessing the stories of our clients and learning from the experiences of our staff to ensure impactful systems change. If people are empowered, they can bring their authentic, whole selves to work and when people feel like they belong, they can become part of a unified effort of ending homelessness for all.
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
AddressLos Angeles, CA
EducationView all jobs at PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?