Resident Associate - EIH - Full Time (JR 2432)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Resident Associate - EIH
San Jose, CA 95112
Salary: $21.49/hr DOE + 12% Locality Pay Differential (Approximate gross earnings of $24.07/hr DOE)
Full Time Non-Exempt
PATH is urgently seeking candidates with experience working in residential settings with highly vulnerable populations to join our EIH program in San Jose as a Residential Associate.
ABOUT OUR EIH
San Jose's Emergency Interim Housing (EIH) program provides bridge housing to families who are experiencing homelessness and offers a range of onsite supportive services. These services assist each household in transitioning into a safe, stable and permanent home.
WHAT IS A RESIDENT ASSOCIATE?
The Resident Associate works as part of a multidisciplinary team at the EIH site to provide recovery orientated services and case management support for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Responsibilities of the Resident Associate include:
- Providing support to case managers, housing specialists and employment specialists in assisting program participants in achieving their individual goals
- Managing the site in order to maintain a hospitable and inclusive environment
- Providing information, referrals, linkages and advocacy for participants' identified needs
- Collaborating with the case management and operations staff to ensure a clean and safe facility
- Developing, leading and tracking programming designed to assist participants in maintaining stable housing and integrating into the community
- Providing information regarding services to clients and other PATH Programs
- Assisting participants with de-escalation and conflict resolution in crisis situations and bringing in additional resources as appropriate
WHAT YOU BRING
We're looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working in residential settings with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance use issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with client engagement techniques such as harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Resident Associate must:
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver's license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
PATH is a California employer. Therefore, all regular and customary work must be performed within the state. Approval for work outside of the office, does not establish approval for work to be conducted outside of California.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this position sounds like a fit, please submit your application today. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PATH is dedicated to racial and social justice by centering equity in our service delivery and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for the communities we serve. We seek awareness and insight from witnessing the stories of our clients and learning from the experiences of our staff to ensure impactful systems change. If people are empowered, they can bring their authentic, whole selves to work and when people feel like they belong, they can become part of a unified effort of ending homelessness for all.
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
AddressSan Jose, CA
BusinessView all jobs at PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)