HR Specialist - LOA (JR 2301)
- Posted: over a month ago
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
HR Specialist - Leave of Absence Administration
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH is seeking qualified human resources professionals well-versed in Leave of Absence (LOA) Administration to join our Human Resources Department as a HR Specialist. This position handles and supports all aspects of the LOA function for the organization, so strong working knowledge of HR and LOA principles are a must! Experience with the Leave Management Solutions platform is highly desired, but not required.
WHAT IS THE HR SPECIALIST - LOA?
As part of the HR team, The HR Specialist - LOA supports operations of the PATH family of agencies and its employees by managing all leaves of absence for PATH, PATH Ventures, and PATH Partners. Responsibilities of the HR Specialist - LOA include:
- Serving as the subject matter expert for leave programs
- Interpreting and administering leave programs and polices in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws
- Administering all aspects of employee leave programs including providing extensive case management and coordinating all administrative aspects of cases and claims
- Maintaining appropriate contact with staff on leave and coordinating all aspects of return to work
- Providing extensive case management and coordinating all administrative aspects of leave cases, including providing clear and helpful information to staff
- Coordinating and organizing all leave-related medical information in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Employee privacy guidelines
- Working closely with employees to ensure all relevant documentation is completed, received timely, and accounted for
- Working closely with the Benefits and Payroll teams to ensure pay for employees is accurate and correct
- Producing and managing reporting metrics and analytics for all leave and accommodation cases
- Assisting with the creation and facilitation of leave administration processes and programs
WHAT YOU BRING
We're looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA and employee privacy standards
- Effectively analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive workplan
- Demonstrate the ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate strong skills in problem-solving, time management, multitasking and priority setting
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Have a "customer service" mentality with a demonstrated ability maintain a positive attitude and courteous tone over phone and email
- Effectively communicate with upper management including providing updates and making recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- Experience with the Leave Management Solutions platform
- 2 years of experience managing leave cases (FMLA, CFRA, ADA, PDL)
- 3 years of experience in Human Resources
For this role the HR Specialist - LOA must:
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Effective 11/01/2021 PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of full vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
PATH is a California employer. Therefore, all regular and customary work must be performed within the state. Approval for work outside of the office, does not establish approval for work to be conducted outside of California.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this position sounds like a fit, please submit your application today. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PATH will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PATH is dedicated to racial and social justice by centering equity in our service delivery and maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for the communities we serve. We seek awareness and insight from witnessing the stories of our clients and learning from the experiences of our staff to ensure impactful systems change. If people are empowered, they can bring their authentic, whole selves to work and when people feel like they belong, they can become part of a unified effort of ending homelessness for all.
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)