R&D Systems & RF Engineering Expert Aerospace & Defense
Duration: Oct-2020 through Oct-2022
Pay Rate: 65 to 75 $ / hr depending on qualifications
This opportunity is part of an Aerospace Defense Government Solutions team for a leading electronics manufacturer, which helps enable global defense modernization by providing mission-critical instrumentation, solutions, and services to government agencies, prime contractors, and the broad aerospace and defense supply chain. Solutions are used in a variety of applications including electromagnetic spectrum operations, space and satellite, military communications, and more. The candidate Systems & RF Engineering Expert will deliver technical expertise for custom solution implementations to customers based on this company's products and services.
- Is focused on the implementation/execution of custom solutions and also contributes technical guidance to the sales process.
- Understands customer’s problems, recommends solutions to meet their needs, and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Integrates products and services (at the system/solutions level) into customer’s environment.
- Ensures the solution functions per specifications.
- Also ensures our system solution is functioning properly at the customer site.
- Product or technology focused.
- Deliver software training and consulting to customer, as well as assist in pre-sales.
The candidate Systems & RF Engineering Expert will develop custom test systems and solutions for customers in the aerospace and defense industries. The role is customer oriented; test requirements range from DC to RF signals, generally focused on RF and other high frequency applications. Delivery process includes requirement gathering and analysis, solution design, build, test and final delivery to customer. Also will contribute to pre-sale proposals and post-sale training and support.
- Determines and develops approaches to system/application engineering service assignments
- Leads projects requiring coordination with other functions, customers, third parties
- Solves a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity
- This role will be focused on custom switch matrices
- 8+ years' practical experience as a Test Systems or Applications Engineer, including 3 years in a similar environment.
- An individual who will relish the challenges that this pioneering environment presents.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent,
- US Citizenship
- Security Clearance
- Experience defining test solution requirements
- RF test experience
- Product development/prototype experience
- Experience working in Aerospace/defense market sector is preferred
- Well rounded, systems background with experience in HW, SW, Electrical and Mechanical design (Understands whole product and able to deal with all components)
- Experience working closely with customers and has ability to decipher customer needs and translate that into viable products
- Keen problem-solving ability
PASS TECHNOLOGIES INC
Why Work Here?PASS Technologies is a small, friendly temporary agency. We hire highly qualified workers as employees to place them with industry leading high-tech firms. We give quick, personalized attention to our employees needs. Our clients may choose to transition you from temporary status to full time permanent employee with full benefits. Please read the job qualifications and reply *only-if* you are qualified.
PASS Technologies is a small, friendly temp agency. Our clients are top high-tech firms who need temporary help and may hire full time.