PARR is the single and total source for home building supplies, solutions, and service for professional home builders of large and mid-sized communities and single custom homes, and for motivated homeowners working on home improvement projects. Our customers and community members know they can rely on us to be the total source of home building supplies and solutions with legendary customer service and quality products.
Headquartered in Hillsboro, PARR has grown considerably from its start in 1930 as a single lumberyard, to one of the Pacific Northwest's most respected brands.
We know that without great people, we can't be a great company. Voted the sixth top place to work in Oregon in 2023, we offer industry-leading benefits:
- Everyone starts earning 2 weeks of vacation per year on day 1, and gains an additional day every year worked up to 4 weeks off
- Employee paid sick days
- 7 holidays
- 2 medical plan options, one with no paycheck deduction (HSA) and our standard plan with a very low $1,250 deductible
- Dental, Vision, EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Massage, Chiropractic and Acupuncture coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Childcare pretax spending programs
- HSA (Health Savings Account) - PARR will match up to $600/year
- Up to 50% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k) after 1 year of employment and fully vested at the end of your 3rd year
- In addition to the 401(k) match, there a 3% profit share contribution to the 401(k), with Board approval
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $2,500/year)
- Annual profit sharing (every full time employee who worked the full year earned a minimum of $2,750 for the 2022 year)
- $1,000 referral bonus
We have a transparent pay structure, and love to promote from within. Our current CEO started with the company as a driver and by being open to change and a self-starter he climbed the ranks to the role he has today. There are many members of our management team who started their careers in our entry-level positions. If you're willing to work hard, there's no reason you won't earn regular merit increases and promotions. There is a LOT of opportunity - PARR is growing fast!
We value our employees like family and are constantly working to provide a safe place to work for our employees. Most of our locations are not open past 5 and all our locations are closed on Sundays.
Our company mission is Legendary Service through Teamwork, and we take that seriously. When you join our team, you're joining a family owned company that's been in business for 90 years, with a well-established reputation as a leader within the building material supply industry in the United States.
The Staff Accountant will assist the Controller in maintaining accounting records for PARR and its subsidiaries. Provide financial information to company management and others as necessary.
This position reports directly to the Controller and works with bookkeepers, accounting personnel, department managers and outside vendors out of our Hillsboro, Oregon headquarters.
Starting at $61,800 to $77,250 depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of month and year-end close
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of financial statements and summaries to the Leadership Team, Board of Directors and other members of management
- Maintain and distribute various sales and operational reports
- Reconcile and maintain GL accounts for accuracy; research and resolve discrepancies
- Perform reconciliation of bank accounts and resolve outstanding items
- Assist in monitoring bankcard processing practices and chargeback resolution
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records using BNA Fixed Asset program
- Stay current on fixed asset rules and regulations for book/GAAP reporting; provide information to outside tax accountants on fixed asset transactions
- Provide management information regarding acquisitions/dispositions/transfer of assets; facilitate asset review with location managers
- Track capital improvements against budget; perform in-progress review of projects with project managers and final capitalization of asset when placed in service
- File annual personal property tax returns; payment of real and personal property taxes
- Prepare various US Census reports
- Prepare and file Sales & Use tax reports for multiple states; review detail and participate in sales tax audits if arise
- Complete the filing of 1099's; including the verification of information, printing, mailing and electronic filing
- Enhance and support the accounting department where needed
- Participate in the development, documentation and improvement of processes and best practices
- Seek resolutions to questions or problems that arise
- Minimum of 3-year experience in similar position
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles, practices and protocols
- Experience using ten-key by touch
- Must be able to operate personal computer, smartphone, scanner, and any other equipment necessary for the job
- Must be able to type 40+ WPM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work cordially, professionally, diplomatically and with a high level of customer service in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with sensitive business matters with internal and external customers of all types
- Must maintain confidentiality and accuracy of all information related to company finances and records, particularly, cost of goods purchased and sold
- Ability and willingness to identify processes, tools and/or procedures that may be improved upon in an effort to improve the workplace and outcomes for our customers
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees at a high skill level and speak effectively in front of groups. Communication can include, but is not limited to: in-person (verbal and non-verbal), written, e-mail, telephone and public speaking to medium size groups
- Strong focus, planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, and do what is necessary to meet deadlines, while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to function independently, as part of a team, and as a leader within your own sales cohort with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Ability to think and respond quickly, positively and professionally to constantly changing circumstances
The primary working conditions are an office environment with a computer. The job may require occasional travel to PARR locations in the Northwest. The job is primarily daytime, within a 6am to 6pm window, 40 hours per week plus overtime, as needed.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle when necessary
- Both local and overnight travel may be required
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.