Paragon Wealth Strategies, an established, fast-growing, fee-only independent financial advisory firm located in Jacksonville, FL currently has an excellent career opportunity for a Portfolio Management Associate to join our amazing team. You will provide portfolio and investment support to the firm, as well as perform operational and service duties that help keep the firm running. We are a firm focused on teamwork and are looking for our next great staff member. As our Portfolio Management Associate, here are the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Operate within Paragon’s portfolio management software (RedBlack Rebalancer) to conduct initial portfolio builds, portfolio rebalancing, opportunistic tax gain/loss harvesting, invest new dollars, or create cash as client needs dictate.
- Directly interface with Paragon custodians (Fidelity and TD Ameritrade) to implement Paragon investment policy:
- Building fixed income portfolios
- Executing block trades
- Interfacing with block trade specialists, market makers, and liquidity providers to execute fair trades often in excess of 10 million dollars
- Import trades generated from Paragon’s portfolio management software to Paragon custodians – sometimes as block trades, sometimes as odd-lot trades.
- Monitor approximately 1300 individual accounts for compliance with PARAGON and client agreed-upon investment policy.
- Generate, review, distribute quarterly performance reports, and market commentaries.
- Oversee and maintain PARAGON’s Model Composites; monitor performance, bring deviations/problems to the attention of the CIO.
- Attend Investment Committee Meetings and research investment ideas for consideration by the committee and the CIO.
- Provide general investment and operational support to the firm's other teams, including administrative duties such as opening accounts, account servicing, marketing, and compliance-related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in financial services
- Conversational knowledge of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs
- Currently have – or study for and pass within 90 days, the FINRA Series 65 license.
- Very strong computer skills to include MS Excel & Word
- Reasonable ability to learn from online resources such as videos and tutorials.
- Must be a self-starter and work well in a team environment.
NOTE - PARAGON does NOT have a Group Health Plan. However, we DO provide long-term disability insurance AND a cost-share for health insurance that is negotiated and agreed upon at the time of hire. We believe in a high level of health care for our employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates will start the process by having a 15-30-minute phone interview with a member of our investment team. If there is ground to move forward, you will be required to fill out a Career History Form and if you are selected to advance in the process, you will meet with the firm. A background, credit check, and drug screening are required to work in this field.
PARAGON Wealth Strategies, LLC
Why Work Here?Paragon Wealth Strategies, an established, fast-growing, fee-only independent financial advisory firm located in Jacksonville, FL currently has an excellent career opportunity for a Portfolio Management Associate to join our amazing team. We provide investment management services and comprehensive wealth management for successful individuals and families throughout the country.
Working at PARAGON gives you the opportunity to learn more, faster, and deeper than in most companies in this field.