Installation Field Engineer- Denver area (POS Installers Wanted!)
- Posted: over a month ago
Hi there! We're PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we're calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we're off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Field Engineer\Installation Technician
PAR is looking for a Field Engineer\Installation Technician to join our growing team! Under the direction of the Manager of Field Operations, the Field Engineer will perform system-level demand maintenance and installation services on a wide variety of and restaurant technology equipment. Field Installation Engineers will be responsible for full system installations in a range of restaurant environments. They will also be asked to monitor new system installations and to train the customer on the operation and upkeep of the systems. Must also be able to install complete systems in new or existing sites.
The Field Engineer\Installation Technician is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and knows that fixing the issues is only part of the great service experience. These team members go above and beyond every day to ensure their customers believe that PAR is the best decision they make as business owners and restaurant operators. Our Field Engineer\Installation Technician are the face of our company to our customers, you will also have an opportunity to perform service requests at customer locations. Customer issues can include troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues; replacing hardware devices; performing preventative maintenance for the site; and general product support.
- Facilitate successful implementations of software applications and functionality.
- Provide quality installation, support, responsiveness, and customer care.
- Respond to customer calls in accordance with an established Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Escalate customer problems and maintain good customer relations to achieve a high level or customer satisfaction.
- Follow service delivery processes and procedures for timely completion of work performed and submission or required paperwork.
- Document all activities in a manner compliant with the company's quality procedures.
- Provides and obtains detailed solutions of a complex nature; contacts are at all levels within and outside PAR, which requires tactful and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist to resolve hardware and software-related issues at client sites.
- Unpack and install hardware and configure software specific to client needs, if needed.
- Handle and account for assigned material and capital assets.
- With direction work closely with sales and system engineering to support sales efforts and new product introduction.
- Contribute to the productive results of the work group by supporting and participating in continual process improvement efforts.
- Review all pertinent documentation prior to assigned installations to be fully prepared and knowledgeable.
- Understanding of AC power and the effects of a properly grounded AC circuity.
- Self-motivated individuals that have the discipline to work on their own with minimal follow up.
- Must exercise expert judgment in resolving technical, operational, or procedural problems under limited supervision.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Two to three years of technical school (AA or AAS degree) or four years related experience.
- High level of customer relations skills.
- Thorough knowledge of system level hardware, local area networks, and software operation.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating systems, basic networking troubleshooting required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to train store management and employees on PAR products.
- Experience to do minor construction type work such has drilling holes and mounting brackets.
- Experience with running and terminating network cabling.
- Prior experience with point of sale equipment is preferred.
- Clean driver's license required.
- Significant travel required. Flexibility to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Ability to climb ladders, demonstrate good dexterity, capable of lifting 85 pounds.
- Ability to differentiate colors as part of troubleshooting and adherence to cabling standards.
- The base pay range for this position is $25.00 to $28.00 per hour, commensurate with work location, experience, skills, certifications, education, and prior accomplishments.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
ConstructionView all jobs at PAR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?