We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team in northwest Arkansas. If you are ready for a new challenge and feel that you are qualified please send us your resume!
Provide guidance and oversee accounts payable, driver payroll, scanning, cash applications, accounting and the switchboard. Assist in the monthly closing process including general accounting and financial reporting functions.
1. Review and approve AP invoices (expense reports/credit cards)
2. Review and approve daily check registers
3. Review and approve vendor master adds and updates
4. Maintain monthly AP notes schedule
5. Back-up voucher and AP check printing process
6. Issue express codes for quick pay carriers
7. Manage DDP card payment program
8. Review and approve driver payroll receipts that exceed a particular threshold
9. Review and approve driver and owner operator write-offs
10. Assist in reviewing and completing owner operator repair requests
11. Provide customer service for disgruntled drivers, owners and carriers
12. Provide detailed information and solutions to owner operators struggling with weekly settlement payouts
13. Request and maintain Comdata sequence numbers
14. Create and send daily wires through banking portal
15. Assist in the balancing of daily cash spreadsheet
16. Reconcile warranty payments reimbursed against cash posted
17. Post/update subledger
18. Close cash/AR modules monthly
19. Post standing entries and reverse prior month journal entries
20. Create journal entries and review/reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
21. Review and approve staff accountant’s monthly reconciliations.
22. Process and reconcile incoming payments by credit cards
23. Oversee missing paperwork reports and provide guidance in difficult situations
24. Negotiate and maintain hotel contracts for direct bill accounts
25. Work closely with PAM Travel Coordinator to ensure expenditures are within travel policy guidelines
26. Maintain company relations with our larger (travel) vendors that are located near the corporate office
27. Assist with company store related requests
28. Maintain Tontitown inventory for DDP and remaining company store items
29. Fund VP of MX payroll
30. Review bonuses paid for accuracy and comparison to bonus plan
31. Work closely with internal auditor and outside auditors to provide necessary and requested items for review/help prepare for audits
32. Assist in fraud review and report to appropriate parties my findings
33. Responsible for planning and maintaining multiple departments to ensure proper procedures, policies and practices are both in place and followed to ensure optimum performance and success
Our focus is providing exceptional service to our customers. We are able to provide nationwide dry van truckload, expedited truckload, intermodal, and logistics services to the manufacturing, retail, and automotive industries. We also provide direct service into the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Through marketing agreements, we are able to serve Mexico over our border crossings in Laredo and El Paso, TX.
Why Work Here?PAM Transport, Inc. was founded in 1980. PAM Transportation Services Inc. is a transportation holding company and was incorporated in 1986. The corporate offices for PAM are located in Northwest Arkansas’ beautiful Ozark Mountains in the tranquil community of Tontitown, Arkansas. Over the years, PAM has experienced growth not only by greatly increasing its customer base but also by acquisitions. Our focus is providing exceptional service to our customers. We are able to provide nationwide dry van truckload, expedited truckload, intermodal, and logistics services to the manufacturing, retail, and automotive industries. We also provide direct service into the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Through marketing agreements, we are able to serve Mexico over our border crossings in Laredo and El Paso, TX.
PAM Transport has opportunities for career minded individuals looking for a long term home with both stability and opportunity to grow.