- Posted: over a month ago
Palmetto Bluff is nestled along the May River in the Lowcountry of South Carolina between Hilton Head Island and Savannah. As an award winning 20,000 acre development, the development encompasses a private member’s only club which includes a marina, restaurants, an equestrian center, a shooting club, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, a lawn and racquet club, and more. In addition, Palmetto Bluff has an extensive nature preserve, walking trails, retail shopping, and a vibrant village, all which pay homage to the region’s rich heritage.
The Equestrian Director will oversee the Longfield Stables operation. The director will operate at both a tactical and strategic level managing and continuously develop all aspects of the operations. Responsible for the overall experience, growing equine interest amongst members, and providing an excellent activities and boarding experience for Palmetto Bluff. Will ensure a consistently high level of member satisfaction and pride in the Longfield Stables experience.
We offer excellent benefits, including an incredible employer contribution towards medical, dental, and vision coverage which begins on the 1st of the month following your date of hire! Other benefits include a 401(k) Plan, with an employer matching contribution, paid life & disability coverage, and more.
- Very Present present in operations to evaluate the service and member/guest interaction to ensure the experience is of a consistently high quality that is well personalized for members/guests.
- Frequent engagement with members and guests
- Review and provide analysis of monthly financial statements for all business units to ensure strong financial performance.
- Assist with consolidating statistical data to track trends.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly review reports with senior management.
- Actively participates in developing the annual business plans and operating budgets, capital plan and budgets and the 5-year plan.
- Evaluate systems and standard operating procedures to ensure that daily accounting, payroll, and operating functions are well executed and timely.
- Responsible for ensuring all website and internal informational venues are current and accurate.
- Ultimately responsible for the performance of the activity and boarding operations of Longfield stables including boarding, horse care, trail rides, pony activities, lessons, tours, events, kids programming, camps and clinics.
- Develops and implements work methods and procedures of all phases of equestrian operations (barn rental operation, trail ride program, equestrian show events, instructional support services, and equine health and welfare)
- Develops long-term and short term plans for Longfield Stables and recommends changes and improvements in equestrian operations, staffing, facilities, and equipment
- Supervise associates, and the maintenance functions, ensuring productivity, and assigning chores as necessary
- Conduct training, coaching, counseling and performance reviews for all associates
- Oversees and monitors training and scheduling of all Longfield Stables Associates
- Supervises operation and maintenance of assigned farm/agricultural machinery, equipment and equestrian facilities
- Oversight of all outdoor land maintenance and arena grooming
- Regularly inspects all equestrian buildings, grounds, and equipment to identify safety and sanitary hazards and initiates immediate or preventive maintenance
- Supervising or assisting with vet, farrier and other professional appointments
- Being the “on call” contact in the event of a sick horse
- Monitoring turnout areas for safety and cleanliness. Reporting needed repairs or hazards
- Design and write marketing materials such as price sheets and brochures
- Boarder Management, including maximizing occupancy, executing and upkeep of boarder agreements, new boarder orientation program, and regular communication of policies and guideline updates, both written as well as periodic boarder meetings
- Investigates complaints and resolves difficult issues related to equine animals, boarders, and facilities
- Actively monitor financial results and expenses
- Prepares correspondence and maintains records and reports on equestrian activities and monthly fiscal commentary
- Overseeing the daily care and health of all horses boarded at Longfield, communicating any issues or concerns (new or ongoing) to the owner of the horse
- Supervising grooms/stable attendants, ensuring productivity
- Being the point-of-contact for any questions a boarder might have regarding the daily care or health of their horse(s)
- Create, implement, report and analyze the equestrian plan and annual budget.
- Assist in the fiscal performance of the operations including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and corrective management.
- Proactively manage staffing levels to reflect business demands. Ensure all staff are working effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct regular associate meetings and daily line-ups with associates.
- Weekly review of barn, paddock, arena conditions and address in a proactive manner.
- Provide annual recommendations for high quality preventive maintenance as well as rolling 5-7 year capital expense forecast.
- Oversees all operational policies as well as actively supporting the safety rules of Longfield Stables
- Maintain meticulous healthcare records of all animal.
- Maintain and manage boarding schedule by keeping accurate records on current and future boarding members and the location of their horses; provide updates as required.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations affecting the operations.
- Participate in monthly membership document review to enhance the experience and financial health of the operations.
- Provide timely communication updates to the Member Communications Manager to ensure membership is well informed of initiatives, activities, and events at Longfield Stables via monthly newsletter and other property publications.
- A.A. Equine degree or related areas such as Agricultural Science beneficial
- Minimum 7 years professional equine experience
- Minimum 5 years in professionally leading a Equine Facility.
- Excellent customer service guest relations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with members in writing and in person
- Excellent customer service guest relations
- Highly ethical
- Extremely versatile leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English.
- Excellent analytical ability, knowledge in research methods and basic statistics to analyze data and formulate conclusions and action steps from results.
- Work tasks may be performed both indoors and outdoors. Will encounter variable outdoor weather conditions, including hot, cold, windy and wet weather.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- May need to remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to work near moving/mechanical parts
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and listening occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Palmetto Bluff is proud to be an EEO Employer and participates in E-Verify.
PALMETTO BLUFF INVESTMENTS LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?