- Posted: over a month ago
The Construction Superintendent oversees the timely and efficient completion of homes within assigned jobsite. This
role will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project including coordinating trade
partners, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on
schedule and within budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
• Plan and direct construction activities for assigned project, review reports, check on any reported difficulties
and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
• Oversee performance of Trade Partners and review architectural and engineering drawings to ensure all
specifications and regulations are being followed.
• Manage the building inspection process, customer concerns and relations.
• Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and obtaining all necessary permits/licenses.
• Coordinate with Customer Care Team regarding quality and walk-through preparation of homes for move-in.
• Responsible for resolving situations involving conflict.
• Manage and control the construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within
time and budget.
• Establish good working relationships with building officials across multiple jurisdictions.
• Ability to read and interpret constructions drawings and engineering.
• Strong understanding of residential building codes and the ability to build in accordance to code.
• Initiate and oversee the Change Order process as it relates to cost variance and schedule.
• Manage a real time scheduling system to maximize the efficiency of subcontractors and coworkers.
• Responsible for completed work check offs as it relates to PHI PO process and procedures.
• Prevent schedule interruptions by daily monitoring of Trade Partner activity.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
• 3+ years minimum experience in residential housing construction
• Experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
• Good understanding and ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity both in and out of work environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Reliable transportation.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed,
This position may directly supervise other staff members and oversees the workflow and manages projects for onsite personnel.
This job operates in various environment including desk work, outdoor and driving. Both indoor and outdoor work will
be required of this role.
This position must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The person in this position needs to
frequently move/traverse about job sites. This position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two
hands). Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder. Occasionally positions self to move in small spaces. The person is
required to communicate with trades and other colleagues effectively and clearly. This position must be able to
observe and assess job site conditions. Occasionally moves equipment on job sites. Frequently works in outdoor
Occasional travel within designated region is expected for this role, depending on distance between job sites.
PAHLISCH HOMES, INC.
ConstructionView all jobs at PAHLISCH HOMES, INC.