Corporate Staff Accountant
PAH Management is a fast-growing unique company hospitality industry. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our associates, guests, ownership and our communities. We care for people, so they can be their best! Care is in the heart of what we do.
To learn more visit us at http://www.pahmanagment.com.
At PAH Management, a Staff Accountant is responsible for the centralized accounting process of the managed properties. This position is responsible for ensuring proper functioning of the department through direct oversight and development, implementation and monitoring of appropriate financial policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with general managers, property accountants/controllers, employees and other departments.
- Oversee accounting for a portfolio of managed hotels; coordinate closely with hotel accounting team and general managers to ensure revenues and expenses are recorded and allocated accurately
- Calculate and post monthly, quarterly and annual accruals
- Perform monthly closing duties.
- Review the hotel general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for corrections.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure hotels are reviewed/closed on or before the assigned due date.
- Perform monthly cash, credit card and inter-company account reconciliations.
- Responsible for completing monthly bank reconciliations by the assigned due date.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations by assigned due date.
- Resolve reconciling items through research and initiate adjustments as needed by payroll, A/P, or GL.
- Prepare financial statements and review for significant discrepancies to either correct or explain.
- Verify the accuracy of period-end data; provide explanation for variances to budget and prior year.
- Verify correct ledger coding of invoices.
- Audit paperwork to ensure compliance with company document management and retention policies.
- Prepare and present financial statements to Management. "Management" includes hotel general manager, regional operations team, etc.
- Research and investigate inquiries presented by properties, regional operations managers and/or owners.
- Research and provide documentation to Management for internal and external auditors.
- Perform special projects or other tasks as assigned.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Some duties will vary based on signed management agreements and/or owner requirements and/or separate monthly/month end responsibilities.
- At least 3-5 years' progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 to 4 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 3 to 4 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred but not required.
- 3 years' accounting management, preferably in the hospitality or real estate industry.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical ability.
- Must be very confident in Excel and the entire MS Office Suite
- Requires thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.