PAE has an opportunity for a General Office Worker to join our team on our Federal Government contract.
THIS SCA POSITION PAYS $14.82/HOUR
The General Office Worker (General Clerk I) is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Supports citizenship and immigration services adjudication functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing all applicable forms
- Provide support for the processing, preparation, and distribution of forms, applications, and certificates used in the adjudication process.
- Collection of documentation from applicants
- Support applicants’ use of electronic systems
- Schedules dates and times for investigation interviews and naturalization ceremonies
- Perform tasks related to preparing for and conducting naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants
- Files copies of documents and notices in appropriate applicant files
- Answer phones on site and direct calls to the appropriate person(s)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared)
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word
- Must pass the PAE Core Skills Computer Assessment
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit or any combination thereof for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds, bend, carry, kneel, and climb
- Strong attention to detail
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of prior administrative and/or customer service experience
- Comprehension of basic computer programs
- 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office, including Excel
Prior experience working with the public is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is primarily performed in a traditional office environment but may also include all other work environments as required.
From our founding in 1955, PAE has offered enduring support for the essential missions of a wide range of customers, including the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. To support our customer’s complex missions around the world, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in aviation, capacity building and stabilization, critical infrastructure, expeditionary logistics, identity and information management solutions, integrated security solutions, test and training ranges, and training solutions; and enterprise-level technology products and software.
Over the past several years, PAE has increased the breadth of services we offer our customers by integrating companies with proven capabilities and a customer-focused workforce culture. Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in over 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations.
As we grow, the values that have set us apart over the past six decades continue to guide our company in leading with integrity and excellence. We are strongly committed to diversity, recognizing our success depends on bringing together a wide range of perspectives, skills and experiences to find the most innovative, cost-effective solutions for our customers. Above all, PAE dedicates itself to the missions of our customers. The entire workforce maintains a focus and commitment on delivering the highest quality of support of the critical work of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations.