Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial Control Systems Engineer
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- The Industrial Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for deploying and supporting client projects. You will be responsible for working with a multitude of technologies such as PLC controls and automation, APC's, PLC's, DCS, and SCADA development, custom software development, integrating databases, and validating system requirements. As an ICS Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging with the customer, guiding and leading them through solutions, and ultimately delivering successful projects. .
- Perform specific duties and responsibilities related to engineering including evaluating electrical systems, products, components and applications.
- Conduct root cause analysis for equipment failures.
- Must have knowledge of preventive maintenance and reliability centered maintenance principles and processes.
- Test, maintain and monitor control systems design criteria.
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks.
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities as required.
- Work with customers to define solution requirement and project success metrics
- Must be adaptable to new production trends and have an aptitude for technology and a desire to learn new trends and technologies.
- Must have at least (7) years' experience on ICS aspects of O&M activities HVAC, controls, lighting, power systems, fire controls, utility AMRS system and water systems.
- The Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Engineer shall have expertise in advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Must have a minimum of (1) year experience performing facility assessments and Real Property Inventory Equipment (RPIE) condition assessments using Sustainment Management System (SMS) Builder and Builder Remote Entry Database (BRED) software.
- Must have at least (1) year experience working with data from geospatial databases.
- Must have at least (3) years' experience working in a military environment and familiarity with Air Force Civil Engineering guidance, rules, and regulations.
- Must have knowledge of construction management software, project closeout procedures, preventive maintenance, construction and repair terminology and processes.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Security clearance.
This classification's activities range from an office environment with extensive sitting demands to a field environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a field environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards. May be required to work a flexible work schedule and alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
- The Industrial Control Systems engineer shall have a bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.