- Posted: over a month ago
PACIV, a global leader in industrial automation solutions servicing the Life Sciences sector, is looking for a Automation Engineer I and II, for its Puerto Rico office. This position will be located on the South East of Puerto Rico.
The Automation Engineers will be responsible for the control system (DCS, SCADA, PLC and HMI) design, programming and configuration as well as existing control systems support within our client’s manufacturing and process sites. Senior roles will also be responsible for leading the control system development life cycle and related teams.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Responsibilities include control system design (e.g. DeltaV, Foxboro, CLx, Siemens PLC), control panel engineering, SCADA, PLC and HMI programming and testing, control system start-up, troubleshooting, maintenance and support.
- Additional responsibilities include the specification, design, development, and testing of industrial SCADA, DCS and PLC based applications.
- Generation of engineering specifications and drawings, review of engineering documents, field-testing of equipment/systems.
- Deliver design, control system software development, design/verify field installations, test and provide information management solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for industrial automation/control system integration and related support systems such as Data Historian, EBR’s, Alarm Management, PI, etc.
- Actively participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards. Participate proactively as a team member in the implementation of automation projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Active member of CIAPR.
- Has 1 to 4 years of direct experience with control systems in the design, programming and or maintenance/support. This may include PLC/CLx, DeltaV, Foxboro or any other DC control systems as well as SCADA systems. It can also include experience in automation networks, platforms and related fields within control systems.
Desired Hard Skill Sets:
- Design, programming, implementation and support for control system/automation projects within regulated environment. Senior engineers will require proven project management skills.
- System integration experience including Micrologix, ControlLogix, RSView, RSBatch, iFIX, Wonderware, Foxboro, Siemens S7, DeltaV, Foundation Fieldbus, and/or DeviceNet applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of all of the different control systems including distributed control systems (e.g. Foxboro, DeltaV, Siemens, CLx), programmable logic controllers (e.g. SLC 500, Micrologix, Logix 5000) and HMI/SCADA systems (e.g. iFix, RSView/Batch, Wonderware).
- knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements for control system installations.
- Knowledge in Control Panel Design, field installations and instrumentation
- Knowledge of Alarm Management, Data Historian, OEE.
- Proficient knowledge of computer system life cycle concepts and FDA regulatory requirements, including 21 CFR Part 11.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in electrical design, programming and troubleshooting of process and packaging systems.
- Deals well with uncertainty and pressure.
- Works well with others, within a team and takes accountability.
- Result driven and self-motivated.
- Fully fluent in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation).
- Organized, with strong computer literacy such as MS Project, Excel, etc.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at PACIV