Location: Position is on the beautiful island of Lihue, Kauai.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service & repair of wireless communications, CCTV, network and various electronic equipment.
- General 2 way radio technician
- Major tasks include troubleshooting customer communications equipment and systems (including LMR systems, Microwave Systems, Wireless Networks, Wireless Point to Point, Wireless Point to Multi-Point, Physical Security).
- Key skills and abilities include basic knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment; problem solving skills to troubleshoot equipment critical to a large system where down time is very costly; ability to deal with customer technical and manufacturer field personnel
- Technical design and troubleshooting expertise in wireless telecommunications
- Excellent report writing abilities
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Ability to transform conceptual technical ideas into words and diagrams
- Basic understanding of electronic theory and radio design
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous individual that is motivated, a team player and dedicated to training lower level engineers and or technicians
- In field support of service orders and or projects are also essential
- Ability to deploy and perform work in the field as a part of a team or as a technical team lead
Education and Skills
- Technical school training or similar background
- Electronic/IT theory knowledge required
- FCC license, CET, A+ or Network+ certification highly desired
**Please Note That No Relocation Cost Will Be Provided**