LOCATION: Position is on the beautiful island of Lihue, Kauai.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Pacific Wireless Communications is the leading two-way radio service and sales company in the State of Hawaii. This position is for an experienced Radio Field Service Technician, and is to be located on the beautiful island of Kauai. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service and repair of both commercial and public safety two-way radios, radio systems, microwave systems, voice and data networks, as well as various other electronic systems and equipment.
- Perform a variety of tasks to repair, maintain, modify, and install radio communications equipment and systems on the island of Kauai.
- The primary focus of this role includes maintenance and troubleshooting of customer communications equipment and systems.
- This position routinely performs module and component level repairs.
- Additional responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of microwave radio systems, CCTV systems, network equipment, and the support of other related technologies.
- Previous radio service, electronics repair, and installation experience is required.
- The ability to obtain certification such as the Electronica Technician’s Associations Certified Electronic Technician associate level certification, or higher, is required
- Documented ability to troubleshoot and repair current and also legacy two- way radios and systems.
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Proficient in common computer programs including the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Understanding of electronic theory and radio fundamentals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR HIRE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- United States citizenship or legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to pass a public safety background check.
- 2 years of experience in a role similar to the Field Service Technician or Bench Technician roles.
- Education and experience comparable to that expected by an experienced Field Service Technician, as demonstrated by possession of at least four of the following:
- ETA’s CET Associate certification.
- FCC GROL (PG) license or higher.
- FCC Amateur Extra class license.
- CompTIA’s Network+ certification, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree issued by an accredited institution of Higher education, with any science or technology major, or a minor in electrical engineering.
- Any of Motorola’s thirteen Professional Level certifications for the Astro 25 ASTRO® 25 IV&D, and/or MOTOTRBO platforms.
- The Aviat Certified Operate Specialist Certification (ACOS,) or equivalent.
**Please Note That No Relocation Cost Will Be Provided**