Job Title: Station Manager / Assistant Manager
Reports to: Area Supervisor
Company: Multi-Site Retailer of Chevron and Chevron ExtraMile
The perfect fit for our growing team would be a problem solver who is people-oriented, self-motivated, creative, dependable, detailed and able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
The Station Manager plans direct, organizes, and implements the daily operational activities of a retail service station with and ExtraMile convenience store. Primarily responsible for the achievement of station objectives, the implementation of Company policies and procedures, staffing, merchandising, and maintaining Chevron’s high standards of Customer Service, Execution, and safety. Adopts and demonstrates our Company philosophies and standards regarding station operations, image, and personnel management.
· Provides exceptional customer service and ensure the team does the same, including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return.
· Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote our Company values.
· Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate to your team, customers, colleagues, management, and vendors.
· Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and our Company policies, procedures, practices, and programs.
· Provide regular and predictable attendance
Principal Duties include but are not limited to:
· Manage day-to-day operation of the station. Duties include control and monitor station sales and inventory, conduct mini-audits, computer entry, cleaning, maintenance, and customer relations.
· Manage matters relating to the team. Duties include recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, developing, and performance management.
· Assist in special assignments or projects and keeps Management informed of station operations.
· Performs all duties of station staff as required.
· Must conduct themselves at all times, in accordance with our Company Code of Conduct.
· Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience Include but Not Limited to:
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience.
- Previous retail experience and/or customer service experience.
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English effectively
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercising good judgment
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must possess intermediate PC skills.
- Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only)
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous cash handling experience.
Physical Demands Include but Not Limited To:
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception is required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station in narrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generally weighing 0-50 pounds. Use of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work unaccompanied at a rapid work pace for extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as assigned.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of the day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34°F.
- May also experience extremely hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
- Operate a motor vehicle in all local weather conditions.