ABOUT PACE SUPPLY CORP.:
Incorporated in 1994 as an employee owned and operated corporation, PACE Supply Corp. is a successful, growing, premier wholesale distributor of products related to plumbing, hydronic, fire protection, water heater solutions, water treatment, pumps, water well, wastewater, septic, water works, PVF, pipe supports, stainless steel and alloy. With branch locations in California (Bakersfield, Chico, Dublin, Fresno, Napa, Oakland, Sacramento, San Carlos, San Francisco, San Jose, San Rafael, Santa Clara, Santa Rosa, Stockton, Ukiah, and Yuba City), and Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Kona), in addition to four decorative plumbing showrooms, we proudly serve our customers throughout California and Hawaii.
Our Stockton Distribution Center (DC) has an immediate opening for an experienced HR Manager that is motivated, organized, self-driven, and enjoys a fast-paced environment. Our DC has operates two shifts per day, so flexibility in schedule would be ideal.
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Human Resources, this position will execute approved policies and procedures for the DC. Will perform a variety human resources, administrative, payroll, and benefit related activities to support this location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides advice, guidance, counsel, and interpretation of policies and procedures to employees.
- Promotes positive employee relations through the communication, administration, interpretation of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assists managers with the administration of the annual performance evaluation and merit review system.
· Works collaboratively with Corporate HR to assist with employee relations issues such as internal investigations, data audits within Kronos, assist with writing performance improvement plans, employee complaints and exit interviews.
- Prepares and analyzes reports on an as needed basis that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company.
- Coordinates and conducts the new hire orientation processes.
- Works closely with payroll for timekeeping issues, payroll questions, and coordination of employee termination documents.
- Assists with communication of changes to policies, programs, procedures, and updates.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Advises and assists managers and supervisors with the progressive discipline system of the company and develops .
- Complies with all existing Federal and State labor laws and government reporting requirements including any related to the ADA, FMLA/CFRA, FEHA, ERISA, and DOL.
· Performs general clerical and administrative duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of HR.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance of the job would qualify.
Must have minimum 5 years experience in Human Resouces management.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Outlook, and HRIS software, preferably Kronos.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize HR initiatives.
- Basic knowledge of business/office equipment (e.g., photocopy machine, simple calculator and practices (e.g., basic business communications, including writing brief notes.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why Work Here?PACE Supply is dedicated to creating an environment that enhances our team members quality of life through our commitment to education and realized opportunities. By offering unparalleled service and diverse products, we contribute to the prosperity of our customers, team members, their families and the communities we serve.
Great Pay and Benefits. Benefits start within the first 30 days! ESOP Employee Owned and Matching 401K----Holiday pay right away!