ABOUT PACE SUPPLY CORP.:
Incorporated in 1994 as an employee owned and operated corporation, PACE Supply Corp. is a successful, growing, premier wholesale distributor of products related to plumbing, hydronics, fire protection, water treatment, pump, water well, septic, sewer and water works. With branch locations in Santa Rosa, San Rafael, Napa, Ukiah, Roseville, Sacramento, Stockton, San Francisco, San Carlos, Santa Clara, Oakland, Yuba City, Bakersfield, Hawaii, and four decorative plumbing showrooms, we proudly serve our customers in Northern California and Hawaii.
Our Corporate Office in Rohnert Park, CA has an immediate opening for an experienced Director of IT, reporting to the President/CEO.
Provides progressive and focused information technology vision and leadership to the company; understands core business requirements and researches potential new technologies that will address these requirements to increase quality of service and decrease cost of delivery. Plans, manages, evaluates, administers, and coordinates the company’s strategic and tactical information technology plans to support long-term business needs. Manages IT Department, to include staffing, budget, system plans, monitoring performance, and analysis of new hardware/software, etc. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities and staff involved in the study, design, development, and installation of data processing systems, including systems analysis, programming and computer operations. Manages analysts and programmers in the development and installation of information systems for planning, control, and operational purposes. Becomes familiar with, and eventually helps manage enhancements to PACE’s ERP system, the Mark informational System (abbreviated from here on as MIS).
· Provides progressive and focused information technology vision and leadership to the company; understands core business requirements.
· Researches potential new technologies that will address these requirements to increase quality of service and decrease cost of delivery.
· Stays current on and advises management with solutions regarding potential IT related security risks.
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities and staff involved in the study, design, development MIS programming.
· Evaluates the efficiency of current processes with an eye toward improvement.
· Identifies more effective methods to use the MIS system to expedite business goals.
· Keeps flexible to ever changing priorities and business needs.
· Reviews facility and equipment requirements and prepares related recommendations.
· Develops and implements effective solutions that are both technically appropriate and pragmatic.
· Researches and develops efforts to ensure the effective implementation and function of new programming technologies within the current and future IT infrastructure.
· Conducts feasibility studies for MIS system improvement and the preparation of MIS system project proposals.
· Presents proposed MIS system projects to CEO.
· Schedules, controls and reports progress of MIS system design, development and installation activity.
· Safeguards the integrity of the system.
· Maintains currency with the newest technology trends and products available to serve the company now and into the future.
· Plans and oversees all MIS system upgrades.
· Manages and oversees MIS system support activities.
· Prepares all required reports and correspondence.
· Manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
· Builds a highly collaborative and supportive team of IT professionals to staff the PACE Supply IT department.
· Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops MIS IT staff; manages schedules and workflow.
· Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
· Provides guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
· Keeps up to date on overall activities of direct reports, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
· Collaborates with Network IT staff to make changes.
· Manages external vendor contracts.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science.
· Seven years of system design, planning and installation experience.
· Minimum of five years management experience.
· Knowledge of advanced principles of information technology architecture, strategic information technology planning and effective IT integration
· Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
· Ability to work with all levels of management, different departments and employees
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with
· Proficient in MS Windows and Office
· Good working knowledge of PHP, ASP and XML computer languages. PICK knowledge is preferred.
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
· Proactive and pragmatic in approach to system upgrade needs
· Understands compliance and confidentiality issues
PACE Supply is proud to be an employee-owned corporation. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision care (within first 30 days!!), life insurance, sick days, holidays, vacation days, 401(k) plan and much more.