PACE Supply is currently seeking a Senior Driver Trainer in Stockton, CA or Sacramento, CA
Are you a professional driver who wants to greatly influence a large organization beyond driving responsibilities? Do you have a passion for helping people reach their personal goals? If this sounds like you, PACE Supply is currently seeking a Senior Driver Trainer to further develop and institute our driver training program. You will be directly responsible for the initial training and retraining of our drivers and for the overall safety of our fleet. You will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional team and be able to visit our locations across Northern California. Your experience will mold our fleet drivers to be the best in business.
Join a winning team and be a part of a growing employee owned company that sells and distributes plumbing and other related supplies to contractors in Northern California and Hawaii. You will be rewarded with opportunities for career growth, comprehensive benefits, and participation in the Pace Supply employee stock ownership plan. This position will report to the Fleet Manager and work closely with the Safety and Training Director. In this position you will play a key role in keeping our commitment to exceed customer expectations and make sure customer orders, large or small, are delivered on time, at the right place, and in a safe manner.
· Responsible for new driver training at assigned terminals, each driver will be required to have an evaluation ride conducted by you to ensure consistent training company wide.
· Driver evaluation rides on a scheduled basis.
· Monitor driver performance, provide counseling, defensive driving and appropriate training programs for prevention of accidents.
· Assist in the administration of documentation of drivers training, advancement, fundamentals, and enter documentation in driver file.
· Review and monitor speed alerts and Geotab GPS events. Provide education, training, counseling with drivers as required.
· Maintain regular terminal visit schedule with employees, management, and operational personnel.
· Assist in the analysis of type and cause of accident events to determine root cause, recommend and conduct appropriate remedial action within a timely manner when necessary.
· Responsible for Accident Prevention Program and assist with fleet compliance at terminals.
· Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
· Work in a positive manner to meet company expectations and help to create a safety culture with the drivers.
· Must possess a valid driver's license (CDL-A) issued by the resident state of the driver with a minimum of 5 years of verifiable tractor- trailer experience.
· Must possess a doubles endorsement and have extensive knowledge and experience setting up and breaking apart equipment.
· Must have flatbed experience and be able to load/unload and secure multiple types of material and loads.
· Must pass a road test administered by a Pace Supply Driver Trainer.
· No record of citation or conviction of any DUI / OWI or Reckless Driving within the previous 5 years.
· Must have and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
· Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and functional screen.
· Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen.
· Must consent to a 10-year check on work history; Gaps of 30 days or more must be listed and explained; documentation may be requested; Discrepancies may prevent applications from being processed or withdrawal of the job offer.
· Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
· Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products.
· Travel is required. Must be able to travel to multiple sites all over northern and central California and have reliable transportation.