Fleet Sales Technical Advisor
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks.
The Sales/Fleet Management department is seeking a technically experienced individual prepared to lead and manage as a Technical Advisor for the entire Sales organization, primarily focused on the Fleet Management assigned accounts, but also supporting all RSM, FSM, and Vocational sales team needs. This role will chair coordination and hold workshops with key fleet account decision makers. It will focus on training new technology releases of the Kenworth product and how it impacts the fleets operation. It will also serve as guiding discussions from fleets on emerging technologies. This leadership role will involve travel, working with Kenworth fleet account managers as well as working with dealers assigned to fleet accounts. Ideal candidates would have a strong technical and leadership background in managing and leading department and division goals. This position will be located in Kirkland, WA.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, high level decision making, and strategic planning skills to move forward processes and training aids within the Fleet Management department.
- Responsible for coordination, material procurement, and teaching of new Kenworth product technologies to top fleet account key decision makers.
- Travel up to 33% of the time for technical advisor and fleet management activities.
- Champion and develop scope of new engineering projects based on voice of the customer with assigned fleet accounts.
Qualifications & Skills
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Technical aptitude and ability to succinctly communicate complicated topics required.
- Key decision making and leadership skills in current or previous roles.
- Excellent verbal and business writing communication skills are a must; customer service oriented.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, take initiative, and be a strong team player and problem-solver.
- Overall strong product knowledge required.