Are you a strong, ethical contributor with a mind for all things financial? PAC Worldwide is seeking a Sr. Plant Accountant with the eagerness and ability to oversee big picture operations and efficiently oversee the financial operations at a large-scale manufacturing plant. Utilizing strong leadership and collaboration skills, you will set your sights on high-level cost accounting and financial accounting goals and improve and implement the necessary processes to achieve them. You will collaborate with all departments to ensure standards are met in the preparation and interpretation of month end closing activities, budgeting, inventory counts, and forecasting. You will be an integral part, through collaboration, in supporting of the achievement of Site and Company goals.
Your leadership skills will come in handy when addressing employee and department leader concerns, maintaining healthy team relations and motivating the team to operate at the height of efficiency. This position requires you to tap into creative problem-solving, communication, and leadership skills to clearly communicate direction and results, and empower others to contribute to desired outcomes.
This position requires:
- Strong personal leadership and communication abilities, including speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and follow-up with a strong sense of urgency and time management skills
- Ability to speak effectively in front of groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or related field) required
- Hands-on ERP experience required, Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Working at PAC:
PAC Worldwide manufactures packaging materials and supplies packaging automation equipment for some of the world’s top retailers. For over 40 years, we have maintained a commitment to producing high-quality products while remaining dedicated to corporate responsibility, product sustainability, and employee wellness. PAC promotes open communication and comprehensive employee wellness through our PACLife initiative. PACLife’s CARE, CONNECT, CREATE initiative is targeted at our most important asset, our employees. Through PACLife we seek to enhance the life, relationships and future of every PAC employee. PACLife is about connecting with our employees on a level that goes beyond simple work output so, together, we can create a company where we are all proud to belong.
- Bonus opportunities for obtaining production/safety/quality goals, anniversary appreciation, and more
- Medical, dental, and vision with employer contributions to premiums and healthcare spending or reimbursement
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance, with additional voluntary options
- 401K plan eligibility on day 1 of employment, with a generous match after 6 months
- Three weeks of paid time off within the first year
- Paid holidays as of day 1
- Perks and discounts for local and national retailers and organizations
- Continuous training and professional development opportunities
You can see a more detailed description of responsibilities and requirements below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial direction / support to plant managers / core management teams
- Prepare financial analysis to monitor spending in key areas (labor, scrap, spending, inventory, etc.)
- Maintain active participation in plant operations
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with division policies and procedures
- Participate and facilitate cost reduction / elimination programs / ideas
- Accurate and timely financial reporting of plant metrics (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Assist in the development of annual plant budget and periodic forecasts
- Support physical inventory reporting and cycle count analysis
- Prepare various financial models, as appropriate; prepare and review various account reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance/transactional processing/journal entry creation
- Gather information relative to cost/benefit analysis and other plant financial initiatives
- Analyze plant labor, scrap, operational spending and inventory transactions for optimal manufacturing levels
- Participate in month-end close activities (create/post financial/statistical journal entries, prepare standard financial and operational reports, analyze/explain operational activities/related variances, analyze/report monthly plant performance)
- Monitor and review asset additions, transfers and disposals. Ensure complete and accurate supporting documentation
- Participate in customer and segment profitability reviews
- Review Freight Payable on a monthly basis
- Assist with preparation and support preparation of capital expenditure justifications
- Oversee and assist with Accounts Payable Process
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Assist with the regular review of excess/obsolete inventory.
- Conduct inventory reconciliations monthly.
- Perform work order review/analysis for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and report out on inventory transaction activities.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with Materials, Production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing intercompany pricing
- Assist in reconciling intercompany activity
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Accounting/Finance on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Additional duties – Additional responsibilities will be assigned to this position on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Hands-on ERP experience preferred, experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Must be capable of speaking, reading and writing English with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization generally exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format
- Familiarity with accounting software systems
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and advanced skills in Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A CMA or CPA and/or MBA are a plus but not required
- 5-10% travel may be required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and must occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy.