It’s an exciting time at PAC Worldwide
With the rise in e-commerce, it’s a great time to be in the essential industry of flexible packaging! Our packaging is used in the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork, medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. PAC Worldwide is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good, stable jobs in safe environments.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PAC’s growth. We invite you to learn more!
The Operations Manager will support and manage all the activities of the Production Department (Converting and Forming) and Maintenance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personnel – Responsible for the staffing, developing, training requirements, disciplining, and motivation of Production and Maintenance staff. Utilizes team approach and involvement effectively.
- Safety – Support and facilitate safety procedures and initiatives developed by organization with the goal of continuously improving safety within the plant.
- Quality – Support and facilitate quality procedures and initiatives developed by organization with the goal of continuously improving quality within the plant.
- Production – Responsible for execution of the Production schedule within established scrap, labor, output, quality, and safety standards to achieve OEE goals
- Maintenance – Responsible for execution of maintenance schedule, repair of equipment, installation of capital equipment, facilities maintenance. Maintain expenses within budget parameters.
- Warehousing – Support and facilitate warehousing procedures and initiatives developed by organization with the goal of continuously improving warehousing within the plant.
- Continuous Improvement – Responsible to support and facilitate improvement initiatives with the goal of continuously improving productivity and teamwork, reducing expenses, and developing future projects that will help PAC meet its goals and initiatives.
- Organization – Maintains plant interior and exterior in a clean and organized state.
- Responsible for the execution of the production/shipping schedule to achieve OTCO, optimum inventory levels and efficient manufacturing operations.
- Ensures accurate inventories for raw materials and finished goods by coordinating periodic inventories, coordinating cycle counts, review of inventory aging and establishing/maintaining raw material and finished goods safety stocks. Responsible for OTCO.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external communication skills.
- In partnership with other departments, establishes work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assigns actions and audits work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
- Reviews and maintains records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Supporting sales growth by developing actionable plans that allow us to meet customer demand.
- Participates effectively in team initiatives either as a leader or as a supporter.
- Budgets and plans operations for fiscal accounting year.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- Operations Manager leads the Production and Maintenance function within the plant.
- Must possess understanding of general manufacturing and warehousing management concepts related to personnel, efficiency, quality, safety, work flow, mechanical and inventory management.
- Industry knowledge related to thermoforming, blown-film extrusion, and protective packaging converting is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Lean/Continuous Improvement concepts, principles, and practices, as well as experience in managing inventories and process improvement required.
- Knowledge, applied understanding, and experience implementing lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma and TQM principles.
- Must have excellent planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and some college course work required
- Bachelor’s degree and field related certifications preferred
- 10 years of successful operations leadership experience required, preferably within a manufacturing environment of 300+ employees.
- Must have working knowledge of P&L statements and what drives a successful P&L
- Must have ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Must have the ability to understand complex reports and correspondence
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to speak and communicate in Spanish is a plus
- Must be capable of performing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
- Must understand budget concepts and how to maintain and track a budget
- Must be capable of formatting calculations using Excel.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to use these skills in conjunction with the team.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Visual experience is a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and must occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The environment is consistent with an office environment and manufacturing atmosphere. Heating is provided in the winter and basic cooling in the summer.
- While in the manufacturing environment, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and varying temperatures. The noise level is such that hearing protection is required in the production area.