We recently set out to grow twice our size in five years. In 2018, year three, we already surpassed our year five goal. Our vision is to continue that trajectory, which means PAC’s explosive growth is yours, too.
From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We now have a formal program for team members to move up in their roles, as well as opportunities to share in PAC’s growth. We invite you to learn more!
The Customer Experience Specialist is an intergal part of the sales team, responsible for managing customer relationships, monitoring shipping/receiving, inventory control and demand management for assigned accounts, order management, billing and invoicing, purchasing, and outsourcing for finished goods or special projects. This position supports the sales team and will develop relationships with all manufacturing plants, warehouses and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely customer service for assigned accounts or regions. Manage deadlines for all customer requirements and ensure customer’s expectations of timeliness, information flow and product delivery are met.
- Receives customer orders via various media include fax, e-mail, phone and electronic EDI feeds as needed and enters them into computer system for processing with accuracy and an eye for details.
- Confers with customers by telephone or e-mail in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders, to give pricing quotations, to obtain details on customer complaints and to update customers regarding their order status or changes in a professional and timely manner.
- Works closely with sales representatives to understand customers’ needs, order history, customer order progress, complaints, pricing changes and account status.
- Establishes, maintain and update files, databases, records, reports and/or other documents for customer accounts as needed.
- Analyze and recommends improvements in processes, products, packaging, shipping, service or billing methods and procedures to prevent problems, reduce costs and/or satisfy customer needs.
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of the inquiry and any action taken.
- Works with customers, transit department, production and accounting to coordinate returns, credits and replacement orders as needed.
- Works with outside vendors and all PAC facilities on new product inquiries and orders.
- Works with new customers on credit application process, proper forms and new account set up.
- Knowledge & functionality of PAC software, including but not limited to, Visual, CRM, EDI and any special software utilized by assigned Customers.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of customer’s and PAC’s SKU’s.
- Develop, process and analyze quoting options, including product, freight, art and any additional process required by Customers or Sales.
- Invoice for all orders or special projects or Samples requested by Customers or Sales.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required, related to Customers and Sales support.
- Previous manufacturing/sales support experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and follow-up
- Strong sense of urgency and time management skills
- Highly motivated individual that works well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically to all internal & external customers
- Must be able to adapt and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong computer skills required; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must possesses professional appearance and presentation
- Must be prompt and dependable
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in customer service
- 2-3 years’ experience working manufacturing facility
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required
- Associates Degree or college certification(s) are highly regarded
- Experience with graphics programs include Adobe Illustrator will be beneficial but not required
- Must be capable of speaking, reading and writing English and have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Possess ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as, probability and statistics. Apply concepts, such as, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to use good judgement and ask questions as needed.
- Must be computer literate and efficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs- Required Function
- Must be capable of using ERP system for order entry and purchase order review
- Must be able to learn and apply new office programs or modules in the ERP as required