We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced carpenter foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our numerous construction sites. The carpenter foreman is responsible for coordinating and training other carpenters. consulting with clients and contractors, assigning tasks to carpenters, and monitoring performance to make sure carpentry jobs are completed in due time. A keen awareness of material expenses, permits, and employee safety is essential.
The ideal applicant will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills, time management, attention to details, and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. The carpenter foreman must be well-organized and strongly focused on safety above all and at all times.
- Oversee and arrange crew work on a daily basis, cooperating with other team members as necessary.
- Layout and over see projects from framing to millwork.
- Review all project activities, work equipment and sites every day to make sure everything is performed to company standards as well as to the latest OSHA regulations and standards.
- Work with other necessary personnel and supervisors to ensure all site and crew activities are in sync.
- Delegate jobs to crew members as determined by their capabilities and the general requirements of specific work projects and site parameters.
- Meet with other managers/supervisors and necessary personnel as required in order to fully resolve conflicts, complications and other issues according to company and client standards/requirements.
- Coordinate with sub contractors to manage plumbing, HVAC, and electrical activities.
- Train new crew members whenever they join the team and provide workers with continuing education according to the latest industry requirements in order that all work meets the most current specifications.
- Maintain weekly logs with progress reports for weekly meetings.
- Inventory on-site equipment and materials.
- Conducted daily safety meetings/Toolbox Talks
- Execute necessary on-site layoffs of employees.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or certification in a skilled trade
- 5+ years’ experience as a construction foreman
- 5+ years framing new construction
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance, and use, and OSH guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints and convey this information to others
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Carpenter Foreman: 5 years (Required)
- Construction: 5 years (Required)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Required)
- Building decks: 5 years (Required)
- Generally, Monday to Friday
- Day shift