Substance Abuse Research Program Registered Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
P3S Corporation is actively recruiting candidates to work for our client, VIM Associates. VIM, a leader in the Government Services industry, is looking for an Experienced Mental Health Registered Nurse (RN) to join our growing team at the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia.
VIM Associates is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. VIM Associates has expanded its services to beyond general IT to include IT management consulting, information technology support, medical readiness training and direct patient care.
Who We Need
We are looking for a strategic, Experienced Substance Abuse Research Program (SARP) Mental Health Patient Care Facilitator, RN to provide high-level clinical experience within the Mental Health medical treatment facility at Portsmouth, VA within the Naval Medical Center. This role is perfect for someone who has an ownership mentality where you can leverage your experience and passion to drive results and exceed customer expectations.
Education and Requirements
- Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any one (1) of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a clinical work setting.
- A minimum of 1-year Mental Health Treatment Facility Experience
- Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- United States Citizen
- Assist mental health patients through the TRICARE and Military Treatment Facility health care system, serving as a patient advocate and navigator.
- Participate in patient-centered Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation Program (SARP) Department team meetings and quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Proactively identifies patients for mental health or substance use disorders case management, care coordination and facilitation in collaboration with the health care team.
- Provide and/or assist to facilitate patient education with regard to common mental health and substance use disorders and available treatment options at every step in the treatment process from acute hospitalization, residential treatment and in conjunction with all outpatient services closely monitoring and reporting on patient outcomes measures (e.g., HEDIS, ORXY, others).
- Apply in-depth knowledge of nursing theory and principles relative to the care of patients with complex mental health conditions, and substance use disorders including the use of milieu therapy, group dynamics, psychotropic medications, individual and protocol therapies and crisis intervention techniques.
- Assist with high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or at high risk for readmission to a hospital setting.
- Conduct comprehensive preventive screenings for patients and/or assist all support staff in daily patient interactions as needed.
- Function as a core member of the collaborative interdisciplinary care team promoting clear communication with all members regarding patient care plans. Develops, executes, and provides ongoing monitoring of patient treatment plans including short and long term goals, objectives and actions with the patient, family/caregiver, and health care team.
- Assess and intervene in clinical situations (including suicidal, homicidal, or elopement behavior) in adherence with command and clinic specific policies that may require intervention to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment.
Benefits & other offers
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia
Physical Requirements/Environmental Demands
- Proper lifting techniques when in direct patient care as needed.
- Sitting while using the computer.
- Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
- Must be able to function well under peak activity periods.
- Ability to pass any background, drug, and security checks as required by the Company and / or Government.
- VIM Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in the provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration
HealthcareView all jobs at P3S Corporation