Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
P3S Corporation is actively recruiting candidates to work for our client, VIM Associates. VIM, a leader in the Government Services industry, is looking for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) to join our growing team at the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia.
VIM Associates is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. VIM Associates has expanded its services to beyond general IT to include IT management consulting, information technology support, medical readiness training and direct patient care.
Who We Need
We are looking for a strategic, experienced Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) to provide high-level clinical experience within the Breast Care Clinic at Portsmouth, VA within the Naval Medical Center. This role is perfect for someone who has an ownership mentality where you can leverage your experience and passion to drive results and exceed customer expectations.
Education and Requirements
- Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a License Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) in any one (1) of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience as an LPN/LVN within the last two (2) years working with oncology or medical-surgical patients and their families.
- Basic Life Support Certificate (BLS)
- United States Citizen
- Ensure patient care is carried out in accordance with the Standards of Nursing Care and the policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Check patients into the clinic and triage using clinic guidelines. Inform the nurse or physician of the patient’s condition and potential problems.
- Perform a full range of diagnostic support duties which include taking vital signs, collecting specimens, obtaining, recording and tracking results of diagnostic tools.
- Perform laboratory tests such as checking urine for sugar and stool for blood. Record and report results of test.
- Observe, report and document all observed symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in the patient condition to the registered nurse or physician. Make careful observations to assess that nursing procedures and treatment do not cause additional distress.
- Perform routine nursing care activities such as taking blood pressures, temperatures, baths and hygiene care, passing and removal of trays, changing of linen, and otherwise assist in the care of the physical needs of the patient.
- Execute physician’s orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice. Ensure accurate medication is administered in correct form and dosage to the proper patient as directed by the physician.
- Maintain records of nursing care, dose and time of medication administered, and indicate if the medication was not administered and the reason.
- Recognize emergency situations and assist with, or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrests.
- Support the patient and/or family members toward the achievement of treatment plan goals. Provide instructions to the patient on invasive procedures, surgical procedures and post-surgical conditions which were previously provided to the patient by a nurse or physician.
- Handle telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and respect for patient confidentiality. Receive information and distribute messages as necessary.
- Assist the professional nurse and/or physician with individual, group, and family health instruction in relation to the patient's condition and his/her ability for self-care. Assist in the dissemination of appropriate literature dealing with subjects related to the particular health problems involved. Assist in providing physical and psychological support to patients, assist in the explanation of procedures and treatment, and promote cooperation among staff, patients and families.
Benefits & other offers
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia
Physical Requirements/Environmental Demands
- Proper lifting techniques when in direct patient care as needed.
- Sitting while using the computer.
- Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
- Must be able to function well under peak activity periods.
- Ability to pass any background, drug, and security checks as required by the Company and / or Government.
- VIM Associates does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in the provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration
HealthcareView all jobs at P3S Corporation