P3I Inc Lexington, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
P3I, Inc is recruiting for a Systems Administrator to support the BMDS Integration Group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in the development, deployment, testing, and enhancement of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). This group performs detailed systems and component engineering, flight and ground test analysis, and advanced capability development using the BMDS Analysis Enclave (BAE).
Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination of infrastructure and cloud responsibilities. Develops and designs core operating system builds. Responsible for coding, virtualization, and automation of systems. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains an active directory of users and system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Assesses and resolves user access problems related to security controls to minimize business impact and risk exposure. Identifies and evaluates vendor products and establishes vendor monitoring and tracking processes. Performs capacity planning and monitors/tunes systems. Recommends appropriate platforms for purchase, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Serves as a point of escalation for major incidents that are unresolved at the helpdesk level. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. May draft general IT communications to end-users including notifications of outages/downtimes. May serve as the primary liaison for mergers, acquisitions, and divesture activities as it relates to user access, network, security, and support.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, configure, test, and deploy Linux servers throughout the enterprise (local and remote), as well as develop solutions for accessing and managing servers remotely
- Leverage automation tools, such as Ansible, to automate typical tasks such as server imaging, software deployments, and other routine day-to-day tasks
- Work closely with management and software developers to deploy new services and capabilities throughout the enterprise
- Maintain and upgrade storage devices
- Strong backup experience and proven ability to protect mission critical data
- Configuration of distributed environments, including NFS for storage
- Maintain, upgrade, and monitor existing Linux servers
- Provide regular status reports on systems and services throughout the enterprise
- Troubleshoot server, storage, network, performance, and user issues
- Apply security patches and harden systems to meet DoD requirements
- Maintain compliance with all Information Assurance (IA) requirements
- Work with the security team for reporting and verification of system security utilizing industry standard tools such as Auditd, Nessus, ACAS, and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Participate in Change Management meetings
- Occasional travel and extended or off-nominal work hours may be required to support missions and remote site upgrades
- Provide user support, and work with vendors to resolve issues
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years’ experience or MS Computer Science and 2 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat 7/8 Linux to include System Administration, Red Hat patch management, User Management, Security Requirements, Backup procedures, Disk and File Management
- Centralized account management (experience with Red Hat Identity Management or Free IPA server is a plus)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security)
- Applied understanding of DoD STIG’s and SCAP
- Must have Linux Certification or equivalent.
Knowledge/experience with one or more of the following a plus:
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies such as VMware or RedHat Virtualization
- Network support including SSH server implementation, Linux networking configuration, host based firewall, web servers
- PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication, and PIV Technologies
- Linux kernel, system tuning and performance analysis
- High Performance Computing Systems (rack mount, blade servers, etc.)
- Raritan KVM experience
- Experience with missile defense system elements such as C2BMC, THAAD, GMD, Aegis and/or AN/TPY2.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Govt Clearance.
Remote work: The position is required to report on site at least 4 days a week. Final schedule to be determined by hiring manager.
Travel: CONUS travel may be once a quarter for a week (Hawaii & Alaska included)
P3I stands for: People, Performance, Process and Innovation.
These four words are at the core of P3I’s corporate culture and drive P3I’s business model.
P3I is a Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned (Hawaiian), Veteran-Owned, Small Business, that provides cost-effective and integrated services to federal government agencies.
TechnologyView all jobs at P3I Inc