RF/Microwave Design Engineer II
P3I Incorporated Lexington, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
P3I, Inc. is looking for a RF/Microwave Design Engineer to support the Advanced Sensor Systems and Test Beds Group at MIT Lincoln Lab. The Group supports Department of Defense (DoD) designing and developing various testbed systems and components to assist data collection for ballistic missile defense tests. Major activities within the group include system concept development for RF and optical systems, modeling and simulation, signal processing algorithm design, RF and optical system design and development, experimental field-testing and data analysis and development of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets. The group has expertise in adaptive sensor array processing for both radar and communications, advanced real-time software techniques, signal detection and estimation, communications, and systems analysis.
The ideal candidate:
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers. Participates in electrical design tasks including requirements analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, circuit simulation, schematic capture, and board layout. Participates in simulation, testing and troubleshooting of RF circuits and subsystems. Develops test plans and procedures for RF subsystems. Sub-system circuit design. Participates in required design reviews. Designs or develops radio frequency equipment and products which are used for the testing process of radio frequencies. Oversees and directs the production of the radio frequency devices and components which is to ensure that the design specifications are completely followed. Troubleshoots any problems found in radio frequency testing equipment or circuits. Knowledgeable in system architecture and specifications. Optimizes and analyzes the network and improving its performance if necessary. Ensures that reliability requirements are met in the design: these include E.M.C (electromagnetic compatibility), safety, manufacturability and thermal design aspects.
- 3 years or more of relevant design experience, hands-on radar systems design, system realization, and field testing of HF and microwave radar systems.
- Wideband phased array radar systems analysis and design, associated signal and data processing, radar calibration and testing.
- Strong familiarity of RF component design, analysis, fabrication, and troubleshooting.
- Strong familiarity with RF laboratory equipment including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Candidate should be familiar with digital receiver design, including direct detect (i.e. RF sampling) receiver architectures.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Candidate must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working independently.
- Hands-on experience with the design, build, test, and installation of radar systems; including improving radar efficiency and applying innovative technology to meet system requirements.
- System integration experiences: radar hardware integration in lab and at site and developing test procedures.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of analog RF components, ADC and DAC performances.
- Familiarity with industry standard electromagnetic antenna modeling software.
- Familiarity with industry standard RF circuit design software and PCB layout.
- Ability to work in a fast moving team environment.
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel.
- Familiarity with phenomenology effects at different frequencies, including HF.
- Desire and ability to participate in field experiments and data collection efforts, which could involve travel.
MS plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum relevant experience.
Active DoD security clearance is highly desired.
P3I stands for: People, Performance, Process and Innovation.
These four words are at the core of P3I’s corporate culture and drive P3I’s business model.
P3I is a Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned (Hawaiian), Veteran-Owned, Small Business, that provides cost-effective and integrated services to federal government agencies.
P3I IncorporatedWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits and fantastic co-workers!!
Who are we? P3I stands for: People, Performance, Process and Innovation. These four words are at the core of P3I’s corporate culture and drive P3I’s business model. P3I is a Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned (Hawaiian), Veteran-Owned, Small Business, that provides cost-effective and integrated services to federal government agencies.
ManufacturingView all jobs at P3I Incorporated