Intel Subject Matter Expert (SME)
The Intel SME will develop and maintain operational and tactical level, intelligence integration and target collection processes and strategic planning/execution products in support of the AFI 10-251 directives and 505 CCW Det 1 Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) requirements and tasks.
This position will lead the intelligence integration and planning effort for Det 1 in the development of all intelligence functions integral to each major MCTP (JTF, CJFLCC, Corps, Division) event and be responsible for the development and articulation of operational/tactical-level intelligence guidance defined by and synchronized with the Air Operations Directive (AOD). During the exercise life cycle, this SME will propose and integrate intelligence related plans and processes to the CFACC and CFC as appropriate, coordinate with the AOC/ISRD to synchronize the collection and targeting effort in support of 5x major MCTP WFX events each year. The SME will help build the production of collection plans and processes, will Observe Teach/Train Army and Air Force G-2 Collection Intel Integration teams and often work as the unit leader for Air Force intelligence functions and mission capabilities that support the interaction with multi-echelon (JTF – Division) training audiences. The SME interfaces with Joint Collection Boards and Joint Targeting Coordination Boards to assure and represent the CFACC’s intent for collection and targeting priorities.
· The Intel plans SME will be proficient with the tactical and strategy intelligence collection and reporting tools currently being used in the operational environment as well as TBMCS.
· The Intel plans SME will be required to attend conferences to represent Det 1 and Air Component/AOC/ISRD replication and to coordinate on collection and targeting issues with joint MCTP exercise planners.
· The Intel plans SME may be positioned forward with the training audience during event execution to represent the AOC/ISRD to the MCTP training audiences and to work closely with the MCTP Chief or Air Power (Det 1/CC) and the acting CFACC.
· The Intel SME will receive guidance and should be able to articulate all aspects of the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP), Joint Operation Planning Process – Air (JOPP-A) and AOC/ISRD processes to the senior Army and AF leadership forward. This guidance will then be distributed to the Air Component Team and the AOC replication cell (RC) to facilitate intel collection and reporting that feeds the targeting input to Strat, TET, MAAP and ATO production/execution processes. Interaction with General Officers on a regular basis will be required
· During the planning process the Intel SME will work with Army and Air Force exercise planners for doctrinally correct, realistic and accurate replication, presentation and integration of airpower intelligence collection, reporting and effects contributing to the scenario. Items to review will be typical air component products for major (multi-echelon) MCTP WFXs. The INTEL/SME will contribute airpower-related oversight, processes and inputs to support and accomplish designated training objectives for the training audience. The Intel SME will review Operation Order Annexes as required by MCTP and provide changes/inputs if necessary and will contribute to storylines and events when required to fully exercise training objectives to be evaluated. Other planning tasks include attending Initial, Mid, and Final Exercise Planning (IEP, MEP, FEP) conferences, when needed, and other key meetings to advise and coordinate scenario development and operational/tactical level intelligence integration issues with MCTP and 505 CTS exercise planners.
· During execution the Intel SME will advise, communicate and coordinate with AOC and 505 CTS to update air component products, as needed to integrate airpower effects and doctrinally correct procedures; articulate all aspects of airpower support and effects through intelligence related products and processes available to GOs, HQEs, HICOM and senior leadership; provide inputs and answers related to airpower capabilities and limitation in both the supporting and supported role; provide airpower inputs to senior leaders in HICOM and JFC staffs to enhance capabilities of aligned joint and coalition airpower integration requirements; interface and inform air component-related Joint Boards, including the Joint Targeting Coordination Board (JTCB) regarding airpower capabilities, constraints and effects and how Air Force intelligence can influence operations.
Experience, Skills and Certifications:
· 3 years as AOC/ISRD or ISRLO operational-level planner, mentor or instructor.
· 1 year as AOC ISRD Chief and/or Strategy Plans Chief and/or ASOG/ASOS ISRLO.
· 3 years of experience working with AOC/ISRD and/or Corps or Div level AF ISRLO duty with G-2 battle staff
· 3 years AOC, ASOC/JAGIC or TACP experience with Air Force TBMCS and Army Theater Battle Mission Command Systems (TBMCS)
· Participation in two or more AOC/Joint exercises as AOC/ISRD or ISRLO and/or ISRD Plans Officer/LNO at Corps/Div; Intel observer, coach, trainer, mentor or participation as Intel Officer as part of an AOC white or replication cell.
· Active DoD Security Clearance Required
Candidate must a U.S. Citizen