- Expired: October 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of office activities. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently (remote and on site), can exercise critical thinking, deductive reasoning and take initiative to interpret and use guidelines, including unwritten office processes, precedents, and practices in the performance of cross-cutting activities. Development opportunity for a Project Coordinator.
Must live in a HUBZone. To determine HUBZONE eligibility access https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map and enter your home address.
- Managing incoming office email boxes
- Answers telephones and manages voicemail
- Manages the calendar of CEO
- Performs daily search via online government data bases
- Assist with the preparation for internal/external meetings including coordination of schedules, inviting attendees, reserving space, tracking and following up on meeting items
- Prepares and manages documents (receiving, reviewing, printing, sending)
- Assists with in/out processing of personnel
- Arrange reservations - including air, train and ground transportation, hotels, restaurant reservations, conference registrations, etc.
- Maintains stock of office supplies. Prepare and submit orders for supplies and equipment as needed.
- Review, sort and/or file incoming mail. Package and mail inter-office, postal, and other delivery/courier service (e.g., FedEx, UPS) correspondence/documents
- Serves as point of contact for time and attendance (T&A) general questions.
- Performs various other administrative support (filing, report preparation, and copying)
- Knowledge of executive calendar and office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great people skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School Degree. Additional education or qualification as an Administrative Assistant, Secretary or Project Coordinator will be a plus
Rate: $20 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Work Classification: Part time to Full time within six months
Work Hours: Start time at 830am with opportunities for a flex schedule. Up to 20 hours each week. Must work out of the office at least 3 days of the week on consistent days each week.
Get fresh Administrative Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.