- Posted: over a month ago
P1 Service, LLC, is seeking a Service Manager for our Des Moines, IA office.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Service, LLC., part of the BCTS family of facility solutions providers, provides customers with the best in HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing service. Our turn-key solutions for all types of building solutions in a variety of markets has made P1 Service one of the top contractors in the nation. When you work for P1 Service, you'll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Service takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Service, LLC.. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively manage annual schedule for customer visits, prioritized by necessity, opportunity, growth potential, and improving relationships.
- Manages customer activities of assigned customer base to include:
- Service call and spot management.
- Agreement repair management.
- Job or service project management.
- Job site safety.
- Site compliancy.
- Customer/Contractor logistics.
- Acting as account expert: special provisions, terms of agreement, communication of terms to field.
- Proactively manage agreement renewals in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage PM hours and materials.
- Participate in supporting accounts receivable activities.
- Participate in supporting billing questions and accuracy.
- Proactively manage annual schedule for technician visits with the assistance of Lead Technician.
- Participate in development of service technicians
- Shared responsibility with Lead Technician
- Support personal growth, skill development, and identifying career path of service technicians
- Lead annual performance evaluation activities.
- Participate in development of service technicians
- Proactively manage development of Lead Technicians for the following:
- Personal growth-leadership development, financial acumen development, and decision making
- Desired career path development
- Participate in the following specific sales activities:
- Internal strategy sessions
- Engagement with Service Project Sales and Performance Solutions Sales
- Growth of existing PM accounts
- Manage small project or spot call pricing through Lead Technician for opportunities that require minimal research.
- Promotes P1 to help maintain and develop future opportunities to negotiate or bid service contracts or projects.
- Interacts with service technician(s) through Lead Technician to ensure developing technically
- Develops additional business by engaging with customer – expose them to other service offerings
- Plans, directs, and controls all activities relating to service spot and PM agreements and assigned service projects from the marketing through the collection of revenue to achieve target revenue and GP goals.
- Reviews weekly resolutions for accounts
- Works with PM and Supervisor to get the right person and resource for the task
- Reviews weekly billings to ensure charges are accurate, PO’s are accounted for and applicable charges are on billing
- Reviews contract profitability monthly
- Interacts with coordinator to deliver and receive information and be involved with decisions of labor and scheduling
- Supports Lead Technician to provide technical and management support as needed for field personnel, sales and service department personnel.
- Develops new and sustains existing relationships by directing Service Supervisors to perform quality checks and resolving problems as they occur in a timely fashion.
- Updates labor rates and contract increases.
- Works closely with operations team to ensure weekly and monthly activities are complete.
- Contract responsibilities
- Contract profitability
- Warehouse assistance
- Works with other service teams to keep department motivated and working efficiently to achieve department goals.
- Managerial Teamwork
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with General Manager by providing him/her timely, accurate, and complete information and by answering his/her questions and requests.
- Coordinates with appropriate P1 Service departments for timely delivery of material and manpower resources.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete information to the company’s senior leaders.
- Lives the P1 Service operating principles and leads in accordance with the Company’s leadership model.
- Defines training requirements and coordinates for training interventions that promotes the professional growth of all assigned associates.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports and promotes their professional growth by providing clear expectations; timely, meaningful feedback (to include periodic formal performance appraisals); and, as appropriate, recognition, redirection, or positive discipline.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the mechanical service industry and 10 years is preferred. Must have managerial experience of clients, projects, and people.
- Driving Requirements:
- Must be able to meet P1 Service qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in using email, database, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications: specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows).
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Language Skills and Comprehension: Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence; and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to use general business and construction/engineering mathematics skills.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, and he/she must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: email P1jobs@P1Group.com or call: 913-275-5694.
Powered by JazzHR
P1 Service, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?