- Posted: over a month ago
P1 Service, LLC., is seeking a Maintenance Specialist to work at Saint Luke's Health System in Kansas City, Missouri.
Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Service, LLC., part of the BCTS family of facility solutions providers, provides customers with the best in HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing service. Our turn-key solutions for all types of building solutions in a variety of markets has made P1 Service one of the top contractors in the nation. When you work for P1 Service, you'll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Service takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Service, LLC.. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
Summary and Nature of the Work:
The incumbent directly contributes to the success of the company by maintaining the facility through preventive maintenance and assigned maintenance tasks.
Work involves good communication skills in a highly demanding environment.
Essential duties are listed below. When necessary, additional duties may be assigned, and P1 Group expects the incumbent to exercise initiative to anticipate and prevent problems.
- Responsible for prepping, repairing and painting all interior walls, including hallways, stairwells, patient rooms, waiting areas and offices.
- Responsible for all sheetrock and plaster repair.
- Install or remove wall covering (vinyl, paper, and borders)
- Exterior painting: hand rails, doors & frames, windows, building walls, parking stripes & curbing, graffiti removal, canopy & supports, and ducts.
- Equipment: mechanical & rust protection.
- Wood: Stain & finish new pieces such as doors & frames, new shelves, and handrails. Refinish doors & frames, new shelves, handrails loose veneers, desks, and tables.
- Spray booth (air evacuation hood): Stripping of wood finishes. Spray painting identification stencils (wheel chairs, carts etc). Metal paint application (rustoleum etc.
- Tapes: anti-skid, area demarcation & caution
- Paint: Insure common colors are in sufficient supply. Rotate stock & dispose of outdated or compromised materials. Provide color samples for special projects. Maintain stock of brushes, rollers, pans, cleaning solutions, and scrapers.
- Repair materials: Insure sufficient supply of wall repair material on hand including but not exclusive to sheet rock patches, mud, and joint compound. Also insure supply of repair tools such as sand blocks, trowels, and putty knives.
- Coordinate with system representatives for wall coverings, painting, and wall repairs. Coordinate with other shops to help finish projects such as new doors, frames, cabinetry, new walls, and new equipment. Bidding on paint amounts,
- Possible use of specialty brushes/techniques and labor. Scheduling after hours painting, brief windows for patient areas and deadlines for moves.
- Install & maintain fire stopping
- Snow work (seasonal)
- Patient Room preventative maintenance
- Key/Lock Work/Repair
- Furniture moving/repair/assembly
- Maintain blinds, casters, ceilings, flooring, cubical curtains/tracks, painting, roofs, windows, vehicles, walls etc.
- Other duties as assigned & qualified to perform
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Maintenance Painter/Carpenter
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and try’s new things.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Class E is required for Missouri driver's license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- This job site does not hire people who use tobacco in any form. Any misrepresentation on the employment application with regard to current tobacco use, or if you become a tobacco user once employed, will be cause for immediate dismissal from employment. Candidates must certify that they do not use any tobacco products in order to be eligible for this position.
- Annual flu vaccination or medical proof of flu vaccine allergy is required.
- COVID Vaccine Required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: email P1jobs@P1Group.com or call: 913-275-5694.
Powered by JazzHR
P1 Service, LLC
AddressKansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?