Assistant to Executive Director
- Posted: over a month ago
- $46,000 to $58,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical,
Full Job Description
Assistant to the Executive Director– Full Time
(Job Title) Reports to: Executive Director
Exempt: () 9/06/2022 Administrative and Program
Non-Exempt: (X) Date (Classification Series)
PVJOBS (Playa Vista Job Opportunities and Business Services) was created in 1998 as a nonprofit California corporation to provide job opportunities for underserved individuals. Its mission is to place at-risk youth, adults, veterans and students in career-track employment in the construction and other related industries.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles and an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for assisting our community. The Assistant to the Executive Director will provide administrative and programmatic support for the Executive
Director and will be a critical member of the PVJOBS team. A general list of responsibilities is listed below:
Provide administrative support for the Executive Director
- Schedule meetings and maintain ED’s Outlook calendar
- Prepare staff and program meeting agendas, transcribe minutes and track action items
- Assist ED with board interaction: agendas, packets, minutes, meetings and retreats
- Coordinate ED purchases and maintain receipts for accounting
- Develop and maintain filing system for executive documents
- Serve as a liaison for facility issues- supplies, communications, maintenance requests, etc.
- Distributing press releases, success stories, videos and newsletters to stakeholders
- Open, sort and distribute mail
Provide programmatic support at the direction of Executive Director
- Provide support for all PVJOBS programs and social enterprises at the direction of the ED.
- Assist the PD and other PMs with event planning, activity coordination and gathering donations for incentives
- Serve as back-up support for case managers- provide intake, assessment, follow-up calls, supportive services
- Assist ED with programmatic reports, research, grants, proposals and presentations
- Assist with participant surveys and other feedback generating activities.
- Minimum Skills/Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Excellent writing skills: agendas, memos, minutes, note-taking, transcribing, flyer creation, etc.
- Experience researcher; ability to research data, facts and approaches for grant proposals.
- Strong organizational skills; perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly; attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving; strong decision-making capability and meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer / participant service and response
Salary Range: D.O.E ($46,000-$58,000)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90037: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
4112 S MAIN STLos Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?