Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a (Full-Time) Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Fort Worth, TX, to join our team.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Strong Computer Skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Good communication skills
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of material
- Detail-oriented and multitasking skills
- Exemplary customer care skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Able to lift to 40 pounds or 1/3 of your body weight repetitively.
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Able to bend and twist repetitively.
The right candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Determines the method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices and other shipping documents
- Receives merchandise - checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
- Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures. Calculates prices according to guidelines and affixes bar codes, prices, and security tags as necessary.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate departments.
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems
- Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares to identify information and shipping instructions.
- Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures the area is secure at all times.
P.S. The LetterWhy Work Here?
We are key players in helping our customers create memorable, meaningful life events.
Our business is about helping our customers bring family and friends together to celebrate life! In addition to an amazing selection of tabletop lines, china, crystal, silver and household decorations, we also specialize in stationery, working with customers daily to create fabulous invitations and announcements for all of life's special occasions.
2100 Hulen StreetArlington, TX
Transportation and Storage