J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
The Application Engineer will manage a project from the customer’s initial sample request through the production process. They will be the technical advisor throughout the process ensuring that the design fits within the customer’s demands. Communication with the sales team and the customer will be critical throughout the process. The Application Engineer will also support the production team to ensure the product is manufactured within specifications while also complying with agency standards. All technical issues will be reviewed and resolved by the Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will rely on proven design techniques in addition to developing new methods to design and develop new products.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
- Communicate regularly to the various teams in manufacturing as well as receiving and updating information to the sales team and the customer on project status.
- Generate and perform test procedures as required. Analyze data and determine compliance with Agency standards and the customer’s requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply technical documents from agencies such as Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL), CSA, and IEC.
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD 2D drafting software is necessary. Proficiency in 3D modeling software is not required but preferred.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and detail oriented. The ability to properly document project information/progress is required.
E D U C A T I O N & E X P E R I E N C E
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering or Technological degree. Experience working in a technical or manufacturing environment a minimum of 2 years is preferred
- In lieu of secondary education, candidates with at least 4 years working in an engineering department will be considered