The essential role of the trailer mechanic is to maintain and repair trailers used for national and international shipping distribution. A trailer mechanic performs preventative and corrective maintenance when equipment is out of service or when stationary in distribution yards.
Job Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Troubleshoot and repair all chassis/trailer defects.
- Including: ABS systems; air brake system, wheels ends, and structural assemblies
- Minor welding and fabrication on chassis and shipping containers.
- Use of mobile app to log work orders and document repairs.
- Mechanical background.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screening
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Provide own tools to preform job
Why Work for P&B Intermodal?
As one of the fastest growing national container and chassis repair company in the United States, P&B Intermodal provides world class maintenance to all the major railroads in the United States. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of talented employees who supply the best maintenance with a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise. P&B Intermodal offers you the opportunity to grow within the company with our “promote from within” attitude.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. P&B Intermodal is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
· $16.00+ Depending upon experience. We pay bi-weekly by the hour.
· Seasoned trailer mechanics welcome.
· Entry-level positions available. If you are looking to start a new career and learn how to be a technician or mechanic, we will take the time to train you.
· High school diploma or equivalent
P & B Intermodal Services M&R
Why Work Here?Founded in 1975, P&B Intermodal has been servicing the transportation industry. P&B Intermodal Services is a leading provider of container, chassis, spotter, lift equipment and trailer maintenance and repair services. The company has been in the industry for over 40 years and proudly serves a number of Fortune 500 companies, including railroads, steamship lines, leasing companies, and trucking firms. While living out its core values, P&B Intermodal provides its customers with safe, professional, and reliable service, as a family-owned business.
High growth company that is results driven, team oriented, offers great benefits, opportunity promotion from within, and work-life balanced.