Job Title: Plant Quality Manager
Reports To (Title): Plant CEO
To direct and oversee Quality assurance functions at our plant. The Quality Manager is responsible for the establishment and administration of sound quality assurance policies and procedures to assure a product quality level equal or better than customer requirements at the least possible cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report quality system performance though defined measurable to the management team as a basis for improvement to overall quality within the plant
• Develop and implement policies for measuring and improving customer satisfaction and quality
• Manage, lead and support all direct reports within Quality department
• Manage and improve relationships with customer plants and· staff activities related to quality, continuous improvement
and problem solving.
• Ensure customer/ supplier-related corrective actions are carried out in a timely and proper manner and that they are effective
• Initiate, recommend and provide quality and manufacturing solutions through proper channels and verify the implementation of such solutions to be effective
• Provide continuous training for quality personnel and all plant functions requiring quality training
• Oversee and direct the full inspection process to ensure all requirements and standards are complied with
Assist in the following processes as needed:
• Corrective and Preventive Action Process
• Control of Nonconforming Product Process
• Control of Measuring and Test Equipment Process
• Special Projects with a Quality Pocus
• Continual Improvement Process
• Validation, Launch and Production Process
• Document and Data Control Process
• Training Safety and Human Resources Processes
• Demonstrate positive attitude, ability and willingness to contribute to a respectful team environment.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization;
• Must have experience in communicating with GM and Chrysler regarding to Quality Issue.
• Have full knowledge of automotive core tools
• Have excellent computer skills
• Adhere to all plant safety rules and regulations, division policies and procedures, attend all job-related meetings, maintain cleanliness of work area, and represent division to customers, suppliers and co-workers in a professional manner.
Education /Skill/ Experience Requirements:
4 yr. degree in engineering, quality sciences or equivalent strongly preferred. 8 -10 years of related automotive experience preferably in an Advanced Product Quality Planning environment. Direct experience working with OEM's preferred. Experience in all levels of sample I PPAP submission within the automotive industry.
P&J Search GroupWe are an executive search firm specializing in connecting clients with the right talent within the Manufacturing, High Technology,Aviation, and Engineering industries, among others.