The Sr. Business Analyst will work alongside other Business Analysts on our Project Management team and report directly to the Director of Application Development. This role’s main tasks include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. The successful incumbent will have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users in a clear, non-intimidating manner.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover and recommend areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Perform requirements analysis using a consultative approach
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gather and summarize critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful documentation and reports
- Work closely with technical and business personnel
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Manage projects, develop project plans, and monitor performance
- Update, implement and maintain procedures
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and end-users
- Manage competing resources and priorities
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or an MBA OR 5 years as a Lead Business Analyst
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business Analysis or a related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Advanced technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce exceptional documentation
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations; strong attention to detail
- Expert competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Highly competent in Agile Processes and Agile project management tool
- A track record of accountability and honoring commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- A strong history of leading and supporting successful projects
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to effectively interact, present information, and respond to questions from customers, colleagues and management
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and team members
- Working knowledge of alternative support systems used within P&A Group
No travel is required for this role
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to work schedules as required due to changing business demands. Occasional overtime is required. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking and lifting; no adverse conditions.
This is NOT a contract position.
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at P&A and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. For this reason, P&A has established and regularly maintains a vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors are required to have a written search agreement signed by an authorized signatory of P&A in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
P&A is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes or assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to P&A or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of P&A. No fee shall be paid in the event a candidate is hired by P&A as a result of the referral or through other means.
P&A is not in a position of offer immigration support of any type for this position.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.