Ozarks Electric Cooperative Fayetteville, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
This position assists in providing the accounting functions of the Cooperative, and its' wholly owned subsidiary, in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures.
Reports to: Manager of Finance & Accounting
- Assist in preparation of subsidiary financial statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Assist in preparation of monthly subsidiary statistical reports.
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets and the general ledger.
- Assist in preparing work order closeouts and maintaining the work order module.
- Assist in periodic forecasting for the Cooperative and its' subsidiary.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process for the Cooperative and its' subsidiary.
- Assist in workpaper preparation for the annual financial statement audit.
- Prepare various bank account reconciliations for the Cooperative and its' subsidiary.
- Assist in preparation and filing of various regulatory reports for the subsidiary.
- Assist in maintaining the Fleet Management Module. This includes maintaining a vehicle database and monitoring registration renewals. In addition, this person will assist in maintaining/administering fuel fobs to drivers of Company vehicles.
- Monitor and reconcile meter pedestal and water heater inventory accounts.
- Assist in preparing and distributing Daily Usage Report to CEO and VPs.
- Conduct periodic cash drawer audits at headquarters as well as all district offices.
- Assist in preparing monthly loan summary for inclusion in board packet. In addition, assist in preparing quarterly Cost of Debt adjustment factors for Arkansas Public Service Commission, and calculating the bi-annual Cost of Debt for the Oklahoma System.
- Complete special projects as directed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
The Accountant shall be required to perform any other duties assigned to fulfill the objectives of the Cooperative.
Consumer/Members: Courteously answer member inquires, and, if unable to do so, direct them to the appropriate person, making every effort to gain their increased understanding and acceptance of the Cooperative plans, programs, and policies.
Third Party Consultants/Auditors: Maintain working relationships with third party consultants.
Education, Job Knowledge, and Training: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in accounting required; CPA required. Two years previous accounting experience required. Cooperative experience is beneficial.
Equipment Operated: Must be able to operate all equipment normally found in an office environment. Must have valid driver's license without violation, which would prohibit insurability.
Abilities and Skills: Must be detail oriented.
Physical Effort: Sitting at a desk with computer monitor will be the most continuous position. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 15 pounds may be necessary.
Working Conditions: Work will be performed in an office atmosphere. Some irregular hours and/or overnight travel may be required from time to time.
The physical activities and environmental characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Ozarks Electric is an EOE/AA/W/M/VETERAN/Disability employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ozarks Electric Cooperative
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Ozarks Electric Cooperative