Corporate Financial Controller
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love finance? We are looking for an experienced controller responsible for the organization's accurate and timely financial management. The successful applicant will be responsible for accounting operations, including processing payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions, producing periodic financial reports, and maintaining accounting records.
Reports to: VP of Finance and VP of Operations
Number of Reports: 2 (Bookkeeper, Accounting Admin Assistant)
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Maintain financial forecasts (P&L and cash) for the company.
- Manage the company’s tax planning and compliance functions and be the liaison with outsourced tax function providers.
- Prepare periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Lead annual budget preparation, report variances in "actual vs. budget" monthly financial reports, and highlight adverse trends.
- Provide financial analysis, emphasizing capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Conduct regular internal audits
- Review timesheets for appropriate approvals and reasonableness.
- Update payroll records for new employees, terminated employees, and compensation or deduction changes.
- Enter information into the payroll system for W-2 & 1099 associates; execute payroll runs.
- Maintain master vendor file, review & enter approved disbursements' data into the accounts payable system, and initiate payments.
- Initiate and process money transfer requests within the accounts payable system for employee benefit programs, including insurance, 401(k) contributions, etc.
- Prepare journal entries monthly for amortization, accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Reconcile bank account activity and cash ledger monthly; reconcile other accounts.
- Perform monthly accounting close; produce standard accounting reports, including profitability by the project.
- Regularly inspect operational controls on inventory.
- Reinforce accounting controls and approvals with employees in general, as needed.
- Report and or escalate to appropriate members of management deviations from procedures and controls.
- Routinely collect/compute GAAP and non-GAAP key performance indicators (KPIs) and distribute to appropriate managers.
- Perform ad hoc analyses of expense or performance indices as appropriate so managers can reduce costs/improve performance.
- Adjust accounting policies/presentations in accordance with changes in GAAP (e.g., new lease accounting).
- Provide pro forma accounting impacts to senior management of any contemplated, new, significant corporate endeavor.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Self-starter, self-motivator
- Credibility, full disclosure, and clean financial history
- Confidentiality; understands ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Conscientious about the timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Adept at planning and managing/executing financial projects.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database, or other system knowledge
- Proficiency with accounting and payroll software (i.e., QuickBooks, Transfer Wise, Gusto, Hubstaff, Clockify, Upwork) and experience with software system implementation.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well with leadership and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Understands U.S. GAAP; able to convert accounting standards to written and implemented internal accounting policies
- Well-grounded in process documentation and accounting controls
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 4+ years experience managing the accounting and finance process.
- 3+ years of experience working as a controller for a service provider such as engineering solutions.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting standards & best practices.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Detailed, organized, and communicative
- Understanding yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with the ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal-oriented and capable of functioning in a corporate setting
- Able to prioritize and work with multiple supervisors, including the CFO and CEO
- Competitive total compensation
- 401(k) Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Development to further your career
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Corporate Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.