OxiCool is a growing start-up ready to disrupt the stagnant HVAC industry. The company’s flagship HomeCool™ powered by OxiCool® residential air conditioner was unveiled in January 2020 at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show and won a CES® 2020 Innovation Honoree Award.
Until now, almost all air conditioners have relied on tremendous amounts of electricity, toxic F-gases and high-pressure systems that often leak to cool our homes. Finally, a smarter more efficient and effective alternative has emerged. OxiCool air conditioning uses clean technology and pure water as the only refrigerant, taking advantage of the polar properties of water molecules in a closed-loop vacuum chamber.
OxiCool is the definition of true sustainability.
We are expanding our team at our state-of-the-art Factory & HQ at 508 Lapp Road, and our Development Center at 109 Great Valley Parkway – both are in Malvern PA less than a mile from each other. We are conveniently located in the Great Valley Corporate Center next to amazing neighbors like Vanguard, Johnson & Johnson, Stryker, etc.
The Corporate Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, investor relationships and private & institutional financing. Given that we are a startup, a fair amount of multi-tasking must be expected.
The ideal candidate for this role will have prior experience at a manufacturer with ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints. This is an exciting growth opportunity for an aspirational team member with high intellectual aptitude and the ability to learn quickly.
- Maintain integrity of financial reports
- Develop reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to management
- Control and maintain product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of controls to safeguard company assets
- Oversee cash flow, cash management, compliance accounting procedures and budgeting
- Manage tax, liabilities, cash flows, working capital and resources, investments, reserves and credit
- Create and present financial and tax strategy recommendation to CEO
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data for accuracy, consistency and transparency
- Oversee investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion
- Identify opportunities for expansion into new product areas
- Inform management of results and recommend actions to address unfavorable variances.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting is preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage; paid vacation and paid holidays; and a stock option plan for qualified participants.