OxiCool is looking for a Controller
“Change the world with us.” OxiCool – a growing startup at an inflection point is looking for a Controller. Our preferred Controller has a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance (MBA and/or CPA preferred) and about 5 years’ experience that includes Financial Planning and Analysis, evaluating business performance, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting and Control. Supply Chain finance experience is a plus. Growth opportunity for the right person with a company poised for greatness.
Manage the financial performance of OxiCool, including the analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, and operational metrics.
The Controller drives actions to achieve results while leading strategies for a sustainable competitive advantage and financial return on investment. The Controller also provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the financial work of the OxiCool manufacturing plant.
- Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, forecasts, goals & objectives, reconciliations, and reports and analysis.
- Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret financial forecasts and operating results.
- Inform management of results and recommend actions to address unfavorable variances.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data for accuracy, consistency and transparency.
- Maintain integrity of financial reports.
- Ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to management.
- Control and maintain product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities.
- Maintain the integrity of the plant ledger and supporting sub-systems.
- Assess the adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of controls to safeguard company assets.
- Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to management approval.
- Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for capital programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- About 5 years of professional accounting experience
- ERP experience is a plus
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Strong change management skills to drive environment of continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities to achieve clear alignment between plant and region/division.
What do you get in return?
Terrific Work Environment: We smile, think, laugh, work hard, celebrate success, and challenge one another and care for each other like a family. Yes, we are a startup – but with our own unique formula to present an awesome journey, and yes, we are focused on the destination too.
We offer full medical benefits with a 50% company match.
Starting salary is negotiable commensurate with role
Please respond only if you possess the qualifications and experience listed – submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience along with your resume.
OxiCool has created energy-efficient air conditioning technologies using four natural elements – Earth (a sophisticated molecular sieve), Water (the polar water molecule's charge does our work), Air, and Fire (heat of most kinds). The company will breathe new life into air conditioning markets such as transportation, residential homes, and small buildings. OxiCool’s first two products to launch are TruckCool (for class 8 trucks) and HomeCool (for residential use).