Software Developer opening with our client.
Looking for someone with 4+ years of software development experience, including experience developing a complex, technical application.
Responsibilities for this role will include a mixture of development, testing, analysis, and contributions to configuration management.
- Implement enhancements and fixes to existing software systems using Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and other scripting languages.
- Direct and execute development/testing for features that require analysis, planning, scheduling, working with various technologies, participating in requirements and design reviews, etc.
- Assist fellow software developers and testers with the analysis and resolution of defects found.
- Partner with software development teams and other stakeholder organizations to ensure their needs are being met and that our services are adding value.
- Proactively share knowledge and across all the software development and testing groups on best practices using new and emerging technologies
- Perform complex tasks that require specific expertise or domain knowledge.
- Create, review, and maintain technical documentation and the development of software.
- Analyze and tune the performance of database applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar area, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and development. Programming experience in Java, Linux/UNIX, Oracle, SQL, XML/XSLT, or some other object-oriented language.
- Experience developing with SQL and/or Oracle database
- Experience and technical knowledge in the following areas: J2EE, or J2SE, Websphere
Experience with software automation tools (e.g., Selenium, JUnit, etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodology, continuous integration, and/or Test Driven Development
- Great technical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Software Developer - 20178