Handy Man/Building Maintenance A
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Primary accountabilities and duties:
• Perform preventative maintenance
• Replacing light bulbs
• Electrical, carpentry, tile repairs, lock and key repairs and fixture installation and removal
• Responsive to service calls
• Present a professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to lift to 50 pounds
• Communicate with customer about work completed
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues appropriately
• Safely use tools and equipment
• Ability to determine when issues need to be escalated
• Additional Technical skills a plus
• 3+ years of experience in maintenance and repair
• Basic knowledge of electricity and mechanical, plumbing and carpentry functions
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• Superior oral communication skills
• Able to carry tools and equipment
• Should have a varied skill set that would include the ability to address minor facility issues as follows:
o Plumbing (fixing leaks and backups in washroom areas)
o Painting (walls and doors)
o Flooring: (replacing tiles carpeting etc)
o Minor electrical: (changing ballast light bulbs etc) Refer major issues to customer
o Minor furniture repairs
• HVAC: (reset of HVAC breakers Changing filters and draining when necessary. Identifying issues and referring them to the customer for additional follow-up by certified HVAC technicians
• Ability to mentor and train Bldg Maintenance B staff
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Will report issues or concerns to Supervisor
• Will provide customer with task updates
• Must have basic hand tools
• Valid state driver's license and insurance
• Ability to pass a Background Check
• Must pass pre-employment and drug test
• Informed of local codes and regulations as applicable
• Full time position-40 hours per week; shift work on one of 2 shifts (times to be determined)
• Will include weekends and holidayS
• Available for OT call outs as needed
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee frequently lifts and/or move items over 50 pounds with the help of teammates. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Oxford Airport Technical ServicesWhy Work Here?
Great Atmosphere, Flexible Schedule, Benefits, Great Management.
Oxford Airport Technical Services is the industry leader specializing in Passenger Boarding Bridges, Baggage Handling Systems, Cargo and Material Handling Systems, 400 Hz Ground Power Units and Pre-Conditioned Air Systems.
Real EstateView all jobs at Oxford Airport Technical Services