- Medical , Paid Time Off
Ownwell helps property owners reduce the costs of owning real estate. Our proprietary software automatically identifies property owners that are overpaying on real estate expenses. We then manage the end-to-end process of reducing bills through tax appeals, exemptions, and corrections.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes every year, and inaccurate tax assessments disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, as well as low-income communities.
Ownwell is well-funded and venture-backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our customer base has grown by more than 1000% year-over-year with exceptional feedback demonstrating clear product market fit. We are looking for driven and passionate team members who thrive in a collaborative, positive culture where we all win together. If this sounds like the place for you, come help us change the way everyday homeowners manage their real estate across the country.
People are our superpower! Centered in everything we do is a true sense of team. We listen and we learn from each other. We are on this rocketship together and embrace a fast-paced, truly collaborative environment. We are here to win as a team and as a company.
We've brought together General Appraisers, Certified Public Accountants, Property Tax Consultants, Data scientists, PhDs, best-in-class customer support representatives, and more to deliver top results for our customers.
Our core values are our guiding principles in everything we do
- Customer Obsession
- Take Ownership
- Do The Right Thing
- Go Far Together
- Accelerate Innovation
Our marketing team is in the early stages and growing quickly. As the first copywriting hire, you will have the opportunity to define, build and optimize Ownwell's key messaging for new and existing products. This role is highly cross-functional and will work with other marketing, design and product team members. In this role, you will report directly to Ownwell leadership of Carolyn Ferreira, the Head of Marketing and Growth.Experience:
- You have 5+ years of direct response copywriting experience
- You can ideate original and compelling marketing hooks, messaging and calls to action that generate measurable results - with the portfolio & track record of stats to prove it
- You have a data-driven approach and seek to test, learn and optimize copy based on the metrics
- You'll need to be able to infuse story, metaphor and humor into your copy so that it translates somewhat complex real estate concepts into something that is easily understood and converts
- You have exceptional editing and proofing skills
- Delivering best-in-class marketing copy that performs and supports Ownwell's aggressive growth goals
- Testing, writing and optimizing copy across a multitude of channels including search, SEO, paid social, emails, direct mail, and landing pages
- Collaborating with the product and sales team to translate new product features and technical legislation changes into compelling and digestible content
- Entrepreneurial culture. Own your career; we are here to support you in the journey.
- Access to First Round Network to build your community outside of Ownwell.
- Flexible PTO. We believe in giving you the flexibility to own your time off. In addition to flexible time off, you will get 11 company holidays. We offer the last week of the year to recharge and reset.
- Competitive health benefits. We care for you and your family's health, as reflected in our benefits coverage.
- Learning support through a $1,000 stipend per year to enable investing in your individual learning needs.
- Supporting parental journey. We offer up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental and bonding leave to support your journey as a new parent.
- As applicable complimentary real estate and tax consulting licensing and renewal
Ownwell's vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that's broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.
Arts and Entertainment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.