Director of Security
Owlet Baby Care San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Director of Security
The Director of Security will own and continue to build Owlet's security program, ensuring our products are free from security defects that could be leveraged by cyber security attackers or fraudsters to exploit our systems. The Director of Security will also ensure that our software development practice follows the best security techniques and our data management practice puts the privacy of our customers first.
- Build out the organization's application security fundamental strategy and develop realistic roadmaps and priorities.
- Execute your vision and help decide what security issues the organization should prioritize.
- Evaluate and select new technologies, tools, and vendors to help manage the continual improvement of application security practices and platforms.
- Be hands-on and able to deep-dive technical security findings while you mature the program to track from identification and help the engineers get to remediation.
- Identifies areas of security risk and makes recommendations to reduce those risks.
- Partner with DevOps, Engineering and Product to design.
- Build and manage the product security team responsible for the development and implementation of security specifications for new products (including systems, applications and/or other solutions) and enhancements to existing products.
- Determines the technical guidelines and features of the security architecture framework in product development.
- Directs the activities of the cybersecurity function across product engineering groups. Evaluates product security strategies and requirements, identifies integration issues and prepares cost estimates.
- Oversees the analysis of product security engineering tasks and prepares security specifications and recommendations.
- Performs other security related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with 10+ years within Information Security role
- 5+ years of leadership experience preferred
- Proven ability to partner with and influence cross-functional teams, including internal and external stakeholders
- Deep understanding and proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization to industry best practices
- Ability to develop and drive policies, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity with SAST and DAST tools and processes and Knowledge of CI/CD best practices
- Deep experience of web application, hardware and mobile security defects and how to prioritize appropriately
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation settings with a range of audiences both business and technical, individual contributor and leadership
- Ideally you have experience in secure consumer iOT devices, protecting not only our product, but also securing the data from our manufacturing partners.
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Owlet Baby Care
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Owlet Baby Care