Project Engineering Technician - Drives
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about providing technical expertise to others and joining a dynamic project Engineering team? Are you looking for the perfect balance of office and leadership responsibilities, but also crave doing hands-on work in water treatment project development, scope reviews, detailed engineering design, interacting with cross-functional teams including field services and operations, and project execution from cradle to grave? If so, then we have a role that could potentially be an amazing fit for you.
Ovivo Inc. is a global company dedicated to water and wastewater treatment. We offer comprehensive technological solutions as well as services and equipment tailored to specific client needs.
Ovivo Inc. is a recognized leader in the design and supply of packaged and modular water and wastewater solutions. These include both industrial water and wastewater treatment systems for a broad range of industries. We have also provided drinking water systems and sanitary wastewater treatment packaged units in plants, facilities, and camps around the globe.
Ovivo Inc. offers you an environment in which you will flourish if you are looking for a dynamic workplace where entrepreneurial culture and international challenges coexist. Our values are Ownership, Innovation, Expertise, Teamwork, and Integrity.
Perform engineering and design work to support sales orders and product improvement projects. Make adaptations and modifications to assigned products to meet specification requirements and meet customer needs. Responsible for design integrity and manufacturability requirements as it pertains to assigned projects.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is excited to be a part of changing how the world views our most critical resource - Water.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Advises project engineers, project managers, and/ or other managers on project status.
- Review all applicable job data, including POs, project plans, and specs, to determine characteristics of order and establish engineering objectives. Providing comments when applicable.
- Prepares layouts, detailed drawings, calculations, specifications, and instructions necessary for project success, with limited supervision.
- Performs general engineering and design analysis with limited supervision.
- May manage the technical aspect of projects through the engineering process by assigning work, controlling standards, and evaluating results while controlling engineering costs. Reporting any variations to management.
- Document and update design procedures on a regular basis.
- Provides technical support to Marketing through the generation of sales assistance drawings or calculations. May generate new ideas for product improvement, reliability, and cost reduction.
- Schedule workflow for and check the work of other engineering personnel.
- May provide technical support to shop and field start-up services.
- May communicate directly with the customer, such communication would consist of project schedule and technical issues.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry-related documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to understand English, at an advanced level, via written and verbal communication.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in complex situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical equations to a variety of complex, non-standard situations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D modeling software application and design; Word, Excel, and other MS Office programs.
- Ability to read and understand specification, fabrication, erection, and standard engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of machining, fabrication, and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of drafting standards for both structural and mechanical design.
- Basic Knowledge of and limited project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively and safely with power tools, chemicals, and various materials as necessary to perform field service work.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL POSSESS:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university a plus, but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in heavy equipment/product design or in water or wastewater equipment design.
WILL I NEED TO TRAVEL:
Travel is minimal
WHAT CAN WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER:
Aside from being an excellent company that is fun to work at, cares about our employees and has a strong focus on employee and career progression, we also offer the following benefits:
- Hybrid working - while most of your time will be spent in the office, you will be equipped to work between the office and remotely.
- Benefits - all full-time employees are eligible for Ovivo's generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Match of 3%
- Company paid life insurance along with company paid short and long-term disability
- Eleven paid holidays
- Three weeks of PTO to start (hire date determines number of PTO hours for the first year)
- Roll over of 40 PTO hours to the following year
- Sixteen personal hours (hire date determines number of personal hours for the first year)
- Days off between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day - paid by the company with no impact to PTO balance.
- Profit sharing
As one of the foremost players in its industry and a recognized leader in water-based process solutions, Ovivo offers challenging careers in all areas of water treatment. As an Ovivo employee, you will be working alongside talented and engaged colleagues in an international arena. Our days are busy and challenging and although we are results-driven, quality and service are of the highest priority.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Get fresh Project Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.